Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Avalon xl and when the headlights are on and I go under a bridge the dashboard lights dim and when I reach the other side they brighten up again. Has anyone else had this problem

·
'07 Avalon Limited
1,093 Posts
That's normal. The dash lights will dim in darker conditions. It's just adjusting to the darkness under the bridge.

It describes that function in your owners manual.

·
It Wasn't Me
676 Posts
You can always override it by turning the brightness knob fully to the right until it clicks. This will disable your night dimming in actual night conditions though, so you'd want to back it down past the click in the dark unless you wanted to blinded by the gauges and screen.

·
907 Posts
You can always override it by turning the brightness knob fully to the right until it clicks. This will disable your night dimming in actual night conditions though, so you'd want to back it down past the click in the dark unless you wanted to blinded by the gauges and screen.

Thanks but I already know that. I don't want to constantly adjust the intensity manually. I don't like how dark it gets when it feels like it. It's not consistent.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Old thread and what the OP posted sounds normal.

However, I am considering a '05 Limited and the dash lights are always dim, no matter the light outside even if the headlights are off and knob turned to full brightness. Could it be an issue with the sensor that automatically dims them that could be stuck? The odometer can also barely be seen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Tennesseestorm
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing