Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
JDM Corolla
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!!! I have a question.A friend just called me on the phone to ask about a symbol thats displated on his corollas dashboard.Its two arrows pointing towards each other surrounded by a horseshoe shaped object.His car is a 1999 JDM Corolla wagon with a twin cam 1600cc engine.His car has ABS.Any info on this would be appreciated as he plans to take a long trip soon and is unsure(I myself am puzzled!!) about what this thing means.Lemme know if anyone has any ideas.Thanks!!!!

·
not actual size
Camry
1,899 Posts
Well, I've searched for about 15 minutes here and can't find any info on that. My best guess is it indicates that the car is equipped with a zero-point energy device wired to a flux capacitor. Tell your friend to stay below 88mph and he'll be fine.

j/k, btw

·
Registered
JDM Corolla
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahahahahahahahah!!!!...Thanks for replying so fast Brink.I realise this might be a real puzzler but Im still hoping someone will come up with something.Unfortunately my friend didnt get a manual with his car because it was probably in Japanese anyway.Come to think of it,most if not all the cars we get from Japan dont come with manuals.Anyway,thanks for the input bro.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
That sounds like the japanese symbol for the corolla. They have taht weird horseshow shaped C on it. Corona has a C with a star, Crown a picture of a crown (duh).

·
Registered
JDM Corolla
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the symbols youre talking about but Im afraid thats not the one.I am really dumbfounded on this one.Ive never seen anything like it.

·
not actual size
Camry
1,899 Posts
heh, sorry I don't know the answer. So, this is just a symbol and not an indicator or anything? I've seen some pretty odd looking airbag indicators... could it possibly be that?

Also, does it kind of look like this?

I'm just having a little trouble visualizing it, here.

·
Registered
JDM Corolla
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well kinda..heres the thing: The horseshoe thing is the other way around,meaning the space is at the top.Also,there is a dot in between the arrows.Hope this helps a little bit.Sorry for the aggravation bro but Im really up against a wall on this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts