Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lookin around and I found a russian website with something called the camry prominent from 1990-91. The US didn't get the new camry until 1992. what's with the dashboard of that one! i've never seen a camry 92-96 dash like this before:

russian camry dashboard

the US camry dash looks like this:
us camry dashboard

did the pre-92 camry for export have a one-off dashboard?cos i've never seen a us camry look like that. also did the russian website camry have the key slot to the right of the steering column like the US version? I think the camry in question is from japan though...how does the rhd camry set up? is the shifter backwards also, along with the foot pedals?

thanks,
josh echt

·
40x40 pixels is crap !
357 Posts
im not sure about the 1 piece dash theory, but alot of car companies have to make same model cars different for each country due to the countries safety specifications.. im not sure about the key hole for the ignition, but the shifter if manual is the same as us, but if automatic the button you push from reverse to drive is on the other side. as for the pedals theyre the same positioning as the us, just on the other side. :D hope that answers all your questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts