Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to make these turn off perminetly?

I know that clicking the e-brake one notch works but I want something more perminent. So if someone could tell me where to find the relay or whatever it is and how I would go about solving the problem it would be much obliged.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm lost.
I have a '92 and the location is the same but the wiring is different.
So can anyone else give me a hand in figuring out which wire it is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be great.
I'm not in a big rush so whenever you get around to it would be fine.

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
ok,
my 92 book doesn't show drl's, nor does my 93 book, the 94 however does...
according to the book there's a drl fuse (7.5a) in the underhood panel, unplugging that should kill the drl relay and the lights.
If not, relay 4 in the underhood panel is the drl relay

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 94s are pretty much the same though are they not.
I'll give it a try anyway.
Couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Duffman,
I ran into the reverse problem on my last car (Nissan Stanza). I wanted my DRL on ;) . Anyway, the circuit is in a black box most of the time and your whole light system is run through it (the joys of computer controled everything). The long and short is that if there is no 'fuse' or relay to pull, it is likely part of a black box thing. However, there is a simple solution...though it will do more than dowse your lights...pull the housing off of your E-Brake and find the switch that turns on the DRL and Turns off your dash waringing light. If there are two...a bit of experiemnting should find the one you want...anyway just remove (or move) the switch and it should stop doing its job - and your lights will be out (dash light on...meaning that other 'brake warnings' are now lost to you.
I have to ask though...why? With a little car like a Tercel (my current ride is an Echo Hatch) it is better to be seen. Anyway, see if that helps...:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I never thought of going about it that way. It should work.
I have a parts car that I can test it on so I don't have to worry about any long term damage.
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

·
Jedi Knight.
2005 Echo Hatchback
316 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
get a life...that's what's changed.
oh and if it at all matters to losers like you who take things like this to heart...i posted on the wrong window and then i posted it again in the right one.
Sorry for making a mistake all mighty Mr. Perfect! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts