Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior TN Member
Porsche
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some photos of my trip couple months ago. View from hotel, freezing cold!!!

Legendary Porsche 962 that dominated Cam-Am, Group-C and IMSA GTP racing for decades. Still holds Nurburgring Nordschleife record to this day.

Lining up in rain.

I love racing in rain!!! :)

Dan Gurney's awesome AAR Eagle MKIII-GTP that set lap-record at end of IMSA era back in 1993 driven by PJ Jones. That's 26-years ago! Had smallest displacement of entire field, yet got 800bhp from 2.1L 3S-GTM engine. They blew up 4 of TRD's dynos to tune these monsters!

After 26-years, this is car that finally broke record by 0.19s.

Tunnel to in-field

Interesting Toyota.

Anyone know which model this is?

·
Super Moderator
12,804 Posts
Those headlights are early Gen3 Camry; ‘92 thru ‘94. In ‘95, the inner shape came to a point instead of having a flat there.

Anyone know which model this is?

·
Senior TN Member
Porsche
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, no butt shots! Headlights certainly look like XV10 Camry, but rest of body doesn’t. Strange.

·
Senior TN Member
Porsche
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it could be Camry. But Camry seems more curved. Look at where A-pillar wraps onto roof, and where roof curves down to C-pillar. More curvy on Camry. Also front edge of bonnet appears to curve downward more on Camry

·
Super Moderator
12,804 Posts
The stock Camry photo you posted is a coupe, which has different lines on the C-pillar. The subject car is a sedan, like this.

·
Token Aussie
1998 AE102, 2018 ZRE182
1,805 Posts
Cool! Which engine did they use in Touring series? In U S., we didn’t get 210bhp 3.3 V6 until the +2001 XV30 SE models.
That one was built to Super Tourer reg so would have been a ~300HP 3SGE, they were also raced in Group N Production here in the late 90s with the factory 1MZ in the XV20

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts