• Straight Out the Back

Votes: 4 16.7%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
let's go...mountaineers!
2006 Tacoma SR5 DC
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so there was a couple badges on the tailgate i wanted removed. i don't want to de-badge the whole truck, but a couple i felt weren't necessary. i just took some string to saw off the tape and badge, then used goo gone to get the residue off. also when i bought the truck it came with this cheap looking chrome grille cover. after about 30min of pulling and pouring the goo gone to it, i finally got it off. its was put on with quardruple thick double-sided tape. oh well, i like it better without the chrome!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

GRILLE BEFORE:

GRILLE AFTER:

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
Nice! I vote for ditchin the V6 and SR5 badges along with the chrome handle. If you can, the exhaust looks sicker angled out.

·
let's go...mountaineers!
2006 Tacoma SR5 DC
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like a little bit of chrome to go with the running boards. i do like the angled out look but i've always wanted dual exhausts straight out the back so yeah. but we could take a poll lol...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I de-badged today as well. It was harder to get the dealer sticker goo off then the rest of the 3M stuff. Took a little longer then I thought but IMO it was worth it. I agree with the previous post, pull them all.

·
Taco Lover
2007 Tacoma
54 Posts
Looks good Meteorman...

That's it... I got my new black vinyl badges from our own Sockmonkey yesterday.... Including a custom SR3 badge.

I'm debadging and rebadging this weekend - seems like the perfect job for a rainy weekend in the garage. Pics to follow. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'12 Ram 1500 HEMI
1,138 Posts
looks good, now lets work on that tailgate handle....:D

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
1st fix your title - incouded -> included ;)
2nd it looks a lot better, but it would look better with no badges IMO.
3rd loose the chrome tailgate handle IMO.

Keep up the modding!

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
Shoot, I did not even notice the uni-brow. You want to remove it because over time it will damage your hood.

·
Registered
2009 TM DblCb Tacoma
94 Posts
Why does everyone like debadging their trucks? I always think vehicles look odd minus their stock badging...

Of course, I also think every vehicle should be available in green, silver is a terrible thing to do to a car/truck, and that levelled trucks look top heavy, so you might take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Of course, I agree with losing the chrome handles. That's just tacky, i.e.: chromed window deflector level tacky.

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
Why does everyone like debadging their trucks? I always think vehicles look odd minus their stock badging...

Of course, I also think every vehicle should be available in green, silver is a terrible thing to do to a car/truck, and that levelled trucks look top heavy, so you might take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Of course, I agree with losing the chrome handles. That's just tacky, i.e.: chromed window deflector level tacky.
I guess everyone likes their own thing. I love mine all blacked out, so that means debadged or painting them black.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good call on removing that ghetto Autozone chrome thing on the front...and yes there were too many emblems before. Unlike most, i think you should keep the emblems you left on there and I say this because of your wheel choice. Given that you have black wheels with the silver accent things on them, it is a good complement to have a little something silver-esque on the truck itself. Looks good!

By the way, I love that straight-out-the-back setup for the exhaust...very rare for Tacomas. Good job!

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts

Because we don't like being a moving billboard. I am proud of my truck, but common those badges look like ass. Plus it really brings out the body lines with them removed!

·
Did somebody say snow?
231 Posts
The badges look fine on the back of the truck. Maybe reposition the WV badge, it looks like it's just "floating" on the tailgate. The chrome handle is a little much and are the pipes centered? It looks like the one on the right side is closer to the center bumper step than the left side.

·
let's go...mountaineers!
2006 Tacoma SR5 DC
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for all the input. if anything im gonna remove the tacoma badges on the front doors. the bug shield is next to come off too. the thing with the chrome handles and mirrors are to accent the chrome running boards that came with the truck. plus the wheels. but i dont want to go overboard with the chrome so i might take off the mirrors..

as for the exhaust. after i took these pics yesterday i noticed that the passenger side one looked closer so i went out and measured, its not. i guess its where the camera is dead center it makes them look uneven. and i do like the angled out look but i think the exhaust straight out the back gives it that ''bad ass" look if you know what i mean.

again thanks for the opinions, keep em coming im open to suggestions

·
Registered
2009 TM DblCb Tacoma
94 Posts
I guess everyone likes their own thing. I love mine all blacked out, so that means debadged or painting them black.
On a light coloured truck, I definitely agree with you on the blacked-out badging.

Chrome is gross, but at least the badges look stock, and normal, and black may be a little too low-contrast on a darker vehicle, so I don't feel they subtract from the look at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts