Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to leave for work and my truck wouldn't start. :headbang:

Second time this has happened in the past month. I didn't leave any lights or doors open. My truck is over 3 years old so is it time to replace the battery? This sucks!

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
I was about to leave for work and my truck wouldn't start. :headbang:

Second time this has happened in the past month. I didn't leave any lights or doors open. My truck is over 3 years old so is it time to replace the battery? This sucks!

Anything over 3 yrs. is great life out of the factory battery. Upgrade to an Odyssey (dry cell) they are amazing. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm going on almost 4.5 years with the original battery in mine. Can't believe it's lasted this long. I'm counting down the days until it poops out.

·
DOMINICAN TACOMA
06 tacoma dc
190 Posts
It all depends on all the stuff u have in the truck that it didnt come with ( stereo system, lights , etc ) .....the interstate battery guide says that our truck has 585 amp consumption from factory so basiclly everything u add after that effects the life of ure battery .

Anybody that has a stereo system in there vehicle i just recomend the should have a optimum yellow top battery or better.

Thats just my opinion!!!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at getting the optima yellow top or odyssey PC1700MJT. Anyone have either? Can you buy the odyssey local? I need to get a new battery ASAP.

·
Tina come get some ham
05 Sport 4X4
1,023 Posts
I Replaced Mine A Few Months Back....it Was Working Fine But I Figured That 4 Yrs From A Factory Battery Was Fine With Me. Went With An Interstate 24f, The Same As Stock. It Only Cost Me 80 Bucks As My Mom's Married To A Mechanic And He Can Get Them As Cost.

·
Premium Member
08' Tacoma Dbl Cab
5,604 Posts

·
Registered
04 4runner
291 Posts
I'm going on almost 4.5 years with the original battery in mine. Can't believe it's lasted this long. I'm counting down the days until it poops out.

:thumbsup: Agreed. Mine is the same factory one from 05. Still starts and even in below zero weather. I am also counting down the days till i have to purchase a new one. Gonna try for a guiness record :lol:

·
Griff
914 Posts
i'm still rocking the original from '05. it's definitely on it's last leg though. whenever i have the truck in the garage working on some mod for it, i always have the stereo going and lately it's been dying quick. i guess it's time for me to upgrade as well.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LanNinja, You have a sound system correct?....if so, If it were me I would go with a Dual post (side post and top post) Yellow Top Optima...Move the truck's +&- to the side posts with top post adapters and use the top posts specifically for your sound system. Here is a link to the adapter I am referring to....

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_211BASTC/StreetWires-BASTC-Adapter.html?search=battery+post+adapter
Yes I do which is why I'm considering the Optima. Thanks for the link.

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
Mines two and a half years old and running like a champ. Never had a dead battery, and I've accidentally left the lights on all day.

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
Yes, Autozones or any other type store usually carry them

Negative Ghost Rider! Not at Autozone here in Southern, CA...special order only. You can get them on e-bay I have seen them for our truck a few times. I can honestly say they are amazing batteries. I have two for our Kawasaki Ultra 150 and 1100 STX jet ski's and they are bad ass. Had them for over two years and no cranking problems and I have never had to charge them. When my stock one dies I getting a Odyssey. Well worth it and made in the USA just like our trucks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I found a local place that sells them here in Houston. Batteries Plus is the place. Going to call them in the morning to make sure they have the PC1200MJT.

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts