Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2007 Taco 4x4 Off road
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked the dealer to price me out a scoop hood.

He told me 900 because they had to replace part of the grill and something to do with the fenders not fitting.

Then he told me that it won't work... I think he just didn't want to do it.

Spot

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
he didnt want to do it.

·
SUBLMNL
05 JEEP TJ
159 Posts
Spot shooter said:
I asked the dealer to price me out a scoop hood.

He told me 900 because they had to replace part of the grill and something to do with the fenders not fitting.

Then he told me that it won't work... I think he just didn't want to do it.

Spot
I posted up on ebays want it now area. These guys here told me $795 painted to match delivered to my door.

Doesn't seem like a bad deal, painted and delivered. Still some $$$ considering as soon as you do it you will meet the guy with the matching color sport hood who would have traded you.

We have your part in stock call 217-728-1075 and I will answer your questions-Thanks for considering The Virtual Body Shop for your parts needs.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Those crazy dealers. :disappoin Always making stuff up.

·
07 Double Cab 4x4 OR
191 Posts
I would tell the salesman he is a fucking moron and show him this site to prove him wrong. Then take him outside the building and beat him with the stupid stick! :smokin:

·
Registered
2005 TOYOTA TACOMA
218 Posts
If I were you I would just get a hood somewhere else. You could also talk to the manager, maybe he will give you a discount if you ask him why his employee would try to not sell you parts.

·
2007 Taco 4x4 Off road
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I told him about the site and people swapping, and told him to forget about the hood.

I'm starting to get a bit impatient with the dealer because I ordered the truck (gave them a downpayment check) on Dec 11th, and they still haven't given me a delivery date yet.

Spot

·
07 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
280 Posts
Spot shooter said:
I told him about the site and people swapping, and told him to forget about the hood.

I'm starting to get a bit impatient with the dealer because I ordered the truck (gave them a downpayment check) on Dec 11th, and they still haven't given me a delivery date yet.

Spot
Just FYI for everyone, Try NOT to use a CHECK when making down payment, its much harder to get the money back if deal falls thru for whatever reason. Use a credit card if possible.

Something I heard from Tom Martino the Troubleshooter:clap:

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
Make a deal with the dealership. Tell them to go ahead and order the hood. If it doesn't fit, you'll pay them double the cost of the hood. If it fits, they give it to you for free. See how fast it takes for them to start back peddling.

If they're SO sure they're right, have them put their money where their mouth is. You just might get a free hood.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Spot shooter said:

Spot
WHAT??!!! You haven't gotten the truck yet? And they are dicking you around??
Holly Crap!! Are you an Idiot?? (No offense intended?:dunno:)
Tell the manager about what the Stupid salesman told you about the hood, and tell him you want your money back!
Tell him that you DO NOT WANT TO DO BUSINESS with a company that would lie right to your face!!
Tell them that if you do not get your money back you will call the BBB! And report them to Toyota U.S.A. !!!
At the very least you'll get your money back!
At the best case scenario they will order the truck that you want with the scoop!!

Sorry about the Idiot crack? But you get the idea??:lol: :lol:
Good luck!!

·
MMM TACO
06 Tacoma
581 Posts
toku58 said:
WHAT??!!! You haven't gotten the truck yet? And they are dicking you around??
Holly Crap!! Are you an Idiot?? (No offense intended?:dunno:)
Tell the manager about what the Stupid salesman told you about the hood, and tell him you want your money back!
Tell him that you DO NOT WANT TO DO BUSINESS with a company that would lie right to your face!!
Tell them that if you do not get your money back you will call the BBB! And report them to Toyota U.S.A. !!!
At the very least you'll get your money back!
At the best case scenario they will order the truck that you want with the scoop!!

Sorry about the Idiot crack? But you get the idea??:lol: :lol:
Good luck!!
i agree with this, but if you choose the lackadaisical way about it, order the hood from like trdparts4u, pull into the dealership, ask for the moron, take the reciept say hmm, look at this better deal i found, and guess what, i installed it myself, and i didnt replace the fenders, and i saved money, and best of all, i didnt give you money to put food on your table. jackass.

itll make you feel better, and i would love to hear his response.

·
Registered
06 TRD Sport 4x4
1,459 Posts
Most dealerships are ran by idiots...Gropetti Toyota here in CA wanted to charge me $3500 for a 6" Pro-Comp lift and then went on to tell me that it's impossible to lift a "new" Tacoma only 3" and there were no kits availble other than Pro-Comp. C'mon...these guys think we don't do research or know anything about the trucks we drive.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
nick09 said:
i agree with this, but if you choose the lackadaisical way about it, order the hood from like trdparts4u, pull into the dealership, ask for the moron, take the reciept say hmm, look at this better deal i found, and guess what, i installed it myself, and i didnt replace the fenders, and i saved money, and best of all, i didnt give you money to put food on your table. jackass.

itll make you feel better, and i would love to hear his response.
That might be cool? But I was thinking that if he raised some hell they might give him the hood for FREE!!! And just order the truck the way he wants it??:dunno:
Hey and maybe fire the asswipe salesman!

Hey Nick did you ever find out about the TN Decal??

·
2007 Taco 4x4 Off road
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've got pretty good pricing on the truck from the dealer and as long as they didn't hold onto my money trying to find one they could divert vs. ordering mine I should have a truck here in the next few weeks.

I'm just really surprised the sales guy either didn't know the parts guy's lied to him, or he himself just doesn't care. Like I said they aren't making a whole lot of money on my truck but that doesn't explain why they don't want to make a couple hundred more.

Spot

·
Registered
136 Posts
On the hood issue. The spec's of the 4X4 vs. the other units, is showing it is 2" wider. Is this at the cowl area? Would the hood be 2" wider then other Taco's?
There are 4 female bolt holes upside the inside fender/hood. Two on each side. Could this be for a brace to be fitted across the engine bay?

I agree with the dealer issue's. Usually when you order a new vehicle, you know more then the sales rep. I have had some bad dealer experience's also. Best to do your own research, decide what you want, and what you feel comfortable with paying, then go get it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dealers are not always idiots they are just unethical. They usually lie and play dump to steer you towards trucks that are readily available. I bet your dealership knows damn well the hoods are the same. I would cancel the order with the manager, tell them the sales guy lied to you. When he asks what they can do to change your mind or "make it right" tell them you want the hood for free. I would also push for some other extra, like free service or some accessories. Otherwise walk and buy from another dealer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts