Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey if anyone had there cvt fluid changed on there 2014-2016 corolla how much did the dealer charge you? i paid 282$

(not a flush just a drop of the pan and add a few qts back in)

also another topic... my rear door has no power > checked the door line with a power test light and nothing happened..... where do i go from here? there is no fuse for a door but there is a fuse for the windows which i checked and is all good everything else works other than no power to the rear passenger door (manual locks work)>:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All shops do things and price things a little differently from each other. Have you looked at a wiring diagram?
i took a peek at it and it was a bit hard to understand but my new main goal is to check the wire coming from the fuse box see if it has power but not sure what wire i assume its just the pink one i tested for all 4 doors

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
You should restate the issue you are having as I am confused about it. Somethings work but somethings don't and I am confused at what is not working. Rear door locks? Which door? Windows? Don't know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should restate the issue you are having as I am confused about it. Somethings work but somethings don't and I am confused at what is not working. Rear door locks? Which door? Windows? Don't know.
Basically, the rear passenger side door has no power at all (tested the cable) power window / lock doesn't work on that door. But the other 3 doors are perfectly fine.

·
Raymond10078
219 Posts
the door lock and window circuits have different power sources.

the only thing in common is the connector (JL1 for RR door). If this connector is disconnected, all door functions will not work.

i've looked around the service manual, and I can't find the location of this connector, but i'd suspect it is around the door pillar or down into the wiring channel on the floor right side. I'd be chasing the wiring as it leaves the door to find the connector.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the door lock and window circuits have different power sources.

the only thing in common is the connector (JL1 for RR door). If this connector is disconnected, all door functions will not work.

i've looked around the service manual, and I can't find the location of this connector, but i'd suspect it is around the door pillar or down into the wiring channel on the floor right side. I'd be chasing the wiring as it leaves the door to find the connector.
I compared the other side door to this one and I found that a pink wire is the power supply and no other wire is supplying power(working door) but with the rear right door that same wire is dead and has no power i checked it at the door jam)

and i dont have the wiring diagram but i did just find a circle layout off google for the interior dash fuse box

·
Registered
344 Posts
hey if anyone had there cvt fluid changed on there 2014-2016 corolla how much did the dealer charge you? i paid 282$

(not a flush just a drop of the pan and add a few qts back in)

also another topic... my rear door has no power > checked the door line with a power test light and nothing happened..... where do i go from here? there is no fuse for a door but there is a fuse for the windows which i checked and is all good everything else works other than no power to the rear passenger door (manual locks work)>:D

What’s the mileage on your Toyota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Raymond10078
219 Posts
I compared the other side door to this one and I found that a pink wire is the power supply and no other wire is supplying power(working door) but with the rear right door that same wire is dead and has no power i checked it at the door jam)

and i dont have the wiring diagram but i did just find a circle layout off google for the interior dash fuse box
The power locks and windows are fed from two different fuses. Seems very unlikely that both fuses opened, which is why the connector seemed more likely.

I've attached some schematics that were easily available (others aren't as easy to access from home).

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The power locks and windows are fed from two different fuses. Seems very unlikely that both fuses opened, which is why the connector seemed more likely.

I've attached some schematics that were easily available (others aren't as easy to access from home).
I see i see, so where is the connector located inside the door jam where it goes from the body of the car to the door? :) thank you for being so helpful i dont have money to pay mechanics im just a student lol thank u

·
Raymond10078
219 Posts
There is another wiring diagram that gives a layout of the locations of most if not all of the connectors.
Unfortunately (for the OP), I’m now on vacation, and I don’t have any access to any files.

Hopefully someone else can speak up.

A new post/thread asking the question “where is this connector” may get more traffic and attention.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Unfortunately (for the OP), I’m now on vacation, and I don’t have any access to any files.

Hopefully someone else can speak up.

A new post/thread asking the question “where is this connector” may get more traffic and attention.
Well i could always just rip all the trim off the side and follow the wire loom haha. im going to right that now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
5 Participants
ZZZ1
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing