Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Corolla Xrs
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my XRS in October with options this and that and blah blah blah. One of the dealer installed extras was tint.

In the last month my tint has started to bubble noticeably. The rear-right window is worst, with two lines of bubbles running the height of the window. Passenger and rear-left windows are showing a few bubbles, and the driver window has maybe one or two.

So, I'm wondering if the quality of tint differs between dealers and if I should pull it off and have it professionally done.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
1,384 Posts
bring it back to the dealer and let them fix it. window tinting always have warranty on them. Did you roll down the window right after they are done. You shouldn't roll down the windows for at least 4 days to let them sit.

·
1st Corolla/1st Car
2009 Corolla S
243 Posts
guessing that when your dealer add the tint, it was the "cheap" tint that is usually covered for 1 year warranty. even then take it back, cause you have a 1 year warranty for that product.

if you can, ask your dealer to spend the extra 50-75$ and get the proper tint film. this usually has a lifetime warranty.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
It's probably the cheap dyed variety that will turn purple soon too.

When it comes to tint, you get what you pay for.

Bring it back and tell then to retint the car if you're still under warranty.

·
I Think It's A Toyota
519 Posts
or have them pay for the removal of the tint and just go get it tinted somewhere else. dealers usually use the very cheap basic tint. have them remove it and go get some quality tint yourself. when i bought my vibe the dealer offered me a full tint job but i refused it and asked for free oil changes lol

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
1,384 Posts
or have them pay for the removal of the tint and just go get it tinted somewhere else. dealers usually use the very cheap basic tint. have them remove it and go get some quality tint yourself. when i bought my vibe the dealer offered me a full tint job but i refused it and asked for free oil changes lol
smart move. lifetime oil change is more expensive than tinting, especially when they give you some cheap tint. I got my 09 rolla s fully tinted with life time warranty, only cost me about $250.

·
I Think It's A Toyota
519 Posts
smart move. lifetime oil change is more expensive than tinting, especially when they give you some cheap tint. I got my 09 rolla s fully tinted with life time warranty, only cost me about $250.

well mine isn't exactly free lifetime, it's just for a year =/ the manual says every 5000 miles but i just go at every 3000 miles lol

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
ya take it back to the dealer, i got mine done from the dealership for free (they could not get me the colour i wanted lol, long story!). i made sure i asked them about the warranty on the tints and they said its covered upto three years.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
Dealers generally don't install tint. Toyota doesn't manufacturer this and thus dealers typically outsource to 3rd parties to install tint while taking a cut of the profit.
Dealer should fix this - you might be able to leverage the 3-yr standard warranty since the dealership did this...

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Dealers generally don't install tint. Toyota doesn't manufacturer this and thus dealers typically outsource to 3rd parties to install tint while taking a cut of the profit.
Dealer should fix this - you might be able to leverage the 3-yr standard warranty since the dealership did this...
:werd:

Very true points.

·
Magnetic Grey
Corolla 09
241 Posts
Don't have any problems with our tint, only a tiny little piece of something stuck between on the driver's side. Our dealer said that we can bring the car back for retinting anytime (if problem occurs) but we live 2260miles away :disappoin

·
Registered
728 Posts
My tint was full of bubbles when i picked it up.
I was surprised to find out the Dealer actually did it.
They pulled all of it out and had a different guy do it.

I told them they should fire the guy that did it originally

1 - 14 of 14 Posts