Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, new here and buying my 1st new car.

can anyone tell me if i'm unreasonable? or should i hold out and keep shopping?

here is the list of options i want in a camry 07 se v6 auto.

50 STATE EMISSIONS
Option Code : FE
50 STATE EMISSIONS $0.00 $0.00
OPTION PKG Invoice MSRP

Option Code : QB
PACKAGE #1 -inc: electrochromic mirror w/compass, universal garage door opener $220.00
PACKAGE #2
Option Code : QC-1
PACKAGE #2 -inc: dual heated pwr exterior mirrors, heated pwr front leather seats $1,416.00

17" x 7.0" ALUMINUM WHEELS
Option Code : AS
17" x 7.0" ALUMINUM WHEELS -inc: P215/55R17 all-season tires $0.00 $0.00
HEATED PWR EXTERIOR MIRRORS
Option Code : EH-N
HEATED PWR EXTERIOR MIRRORS $24.00
JBL AM/FM STEREO W/IN-DASH CD CHANGER
Option Code : EJ
JBL AM/FM STEREO W/IN-DASH CD CHANGER -inc: Bluetooth, (8) speakers $750.00
NAVIGATION SYSTEM W/BLUETOOTH
Option Code : NV
NAVIGATION SYSTEM W/BLUETOOTH -inc: JBL AM/FM stereo, in-dash CD changer, (8) speakers $1,800.00
LEATHER PKG
Option Code : LA-N
LEATHER PKG -inc: pwr driver seat $1,040.00
REAR SPOILER
Option Code : RF
REAR SPOILER $160.00
PWR TILT/SLIDE MOONROOF
Option Code : SR
PWR TILT/SLIDE MOONROOF -inc: rear seat personal lamps, sunshade $752.00
VEHICLE STABILITY & TRACTION CONTROL
Option Code : VS
VEHICLE STABILITY & TRACTION CONTROL $520.00
FLEET COMMERCIAL INCENTIVE INVOICE CREDIT
Option Code : H1
FLEET COMMERCIAL INCENTIVE INVOICE CREDIT *CREDIT* -$200.00
POST PRODUCTION OPTIONS Invoice MSRP
PREFERRED PREMIUM ACCESSORY PKG
Option Code : Z1
PREFERRED PREMIUM ACCESSORY PKG -inc: 5-piece carpeted floor & trunk mat set, first aid kit, cargo net (PPO) $181.00

5-PIECE CARPETED FLOOR & TRUNK MAT SET
Option Code : CF
5-PIECE CARPETED FLOOR & TRUNK MAT SET (PPO) $126.00
EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE KIT

BODY-SIDE MOLDING
Option Code : BM
BODY-SIDE MOLDING (PPO) $115.00

Invoice---------------------------------- MSRP
Base $22,085.00---------------------$24,815.00
Options $4,689.00------------------- $6,154.00
Destination $620.00-------------------- $620.00
Total $27,394.00--------------------- $31,589.00

info generated by edmund's/costco

i offered to pay 27,500. + tax lic doc
would have gone up to 28k if necessary but dealer wouldn't even entertain the idea.

i think they were trying to get 28,5-29k out of me.

this was in the burlingame in the sf bay area.

would go as far as sacramento to get the right deal.

any help appreciated.

thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I bought that same car (2007 V6 SE w/NAV, Leather, SunRoof, Spoiler, VSC) but add in XM Radio and Remote Start for $600 over invoice which was $28,600 and change. The XM and Remote start were about $500 each MSRP, IIRC.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Alright guys, this is a nice car but $28k plus tax....that is about 30.5K. !!! that is getting up there, i personally feel camry is a wonderful car but for that kind of dough I am thinking more like Infiniti G35 4 door !!! crazy but that would be my choice

I realize this post added nothing to the original post but just to point out other options, Id stay away from nissan, but the G35 is a very very nice nissan !!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
What you don't have included in your invoice price is advertising fees. That alone can be a few hundred bucks. Advertising fees vary by region. Edmunds price doesn't include advertising fees...I would ask the dealer to show you the invoice for said car and tell them you will pay no more than 1%-2% over invoice. If they don't take it then move one to another dealer. You live in the Bay Area, there are TONS of dealers at your disposal.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Eyekutr said:
Alright guys, this is a nice car but $28k plus tax....that is about 30.5K. !!! that is getting up there, i personally feel camry is a wonderful car but for that kind of dough I am thinking more like Infiniti G35 4 door !!! crazy but that would be my choice

I realize this post added nothing to the original post but just to point out other options, Id stay away from nissan, but the G35 is a very very nice nissan !!!
Hmm, if I were spending $30k on a car, would I prefer a stripped g35 with uncomfortable driver's seat or a fully loaded new Camry which can hang with the G35 in nearly every performance category and is much more comfortable. The only downside is badge envy if you feel such material emotions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Buy a CE, then add all the options at your leizure. Will save you at purchase time, and if financing, all the interest in the long run. Options are way over priced anyway on any vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try toyota Walnut Creek, and Toyota Concord... I live in Walnut Creek and family and friends highly reccomend these two dealers.

·
Registered
293 Posts
SRTRIDE said:
Buy a CE, then add all the options at your leizure. Will save you at purchase time, and if financing, all the interest in the long run. Options are way over priced anyway on any vehicle.
Upgrading a CE to an SE and saving money aren't things that will go well together :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
But it does go together, you can also make it something different but with better taste in options. Never say never. Check the leather seats, they are actually covers that can be obtained. But whatever floats ones boat.

·
Registered
505 Posts
wireless said:
Hmm, if I were spending $30k on a car, would I prefer a stripped g35 with uncomfortable driver's seat or a fully loaded new Camry which can hang with the G35 in nearly every performance category and is much more comfortable. The only downside is badge envy if you feel such material emotions.
it is beyond badge envy....but thats IMHO

·
Registered
293 Posts
SRTRIDE said:
But it does go together, you can also make it something different but with better taste in options. Never say never. Check the leather seats, they are actually covers that can be obtained. But whatever floats ones boat.
The SE and CE aren't built on the same frame. If you just want the SE looks, then sure, it's possible (although it being cheaper is questionable), but if you want the SE for the things the SE offers, then that's not even an option.

·
Old TN Member
256 Posts
Khoshniat said:
Try toyota Walnut Creek, and Toyota Concord... I live in Walnut Creek and family and friends highly reccomend these two dealers.
Toyota of Walnut Creek Service Department is a JOKE... they screwed up on my family;s 2002 when we took in for TSBs. I hate them. They broke off a screw on the engive cover and left it lob sided. FORGET em.

Toyota of Concord, same thing. They claimed that because Toyota of Walnut Creek screwed it up, they are not liable to fix their mistake. I was like.. are you not both TOYOTA?

Anyways... that is my take on those two dealerships.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all the replies and discussion guys.
i guess i pussed out on this one as i've called dealers around my area and coming up short.

i went and test drove an acura tsx with the colors i originally wanted in the camry and it is enough car for me. lot's of comfort with great styling. camry was a little wider inside which i would have liked but the tsx is still comfortable for me.

the acura dealer was willing to give me the price that i wanted without hesitation, actually he was quite friendly and laughed alot. overall provided a much better "buying" experience.

the tsx won't catch the camry in speed and power (ha! not even close) but that really wasn't high on my priorities.

have fun with your camrys. they are great and i won't be racing you!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Best of luck you to. I am glad you found a deal and vehicle you are happy with...that is an important factor...no buyer remorse.

·
Registered
18 Posts
metalusion said:
i guess i pussed out on this one as i've called dealers around my area and coming up short.

i went and test drove an acura tsx with the colors i originally wanted in the camry and it is enough car for me. lot's of comfort with great styling. camry was a little wider inside which i would have liked but the tsx is still comfortable for me.

the acura dealer was willing to give me the price that i wanted without hesitation, actually he was quite friendly and laughed alot. overall provided a much better "buying" experience.

the tsx won't catch the camry in speed and power (ha! not even close) but that really wasn't high on my priorities.

Congrats on your purchase.

I too considered a TSX and a TL (among others) but after factoring in the cost of ownership I opted for the Camry. I really liked the styling of both the TSX and TL. I wasn't really that excited about paying for premium gas and the overall cost of maintenance.

Nonethless as long as you are happy:D

·
Registered
451 Posts
metalusion said:

Oh I hope you're not looking at buying a TSX for the difference in price of an SE V6 Camry???

Because if that's the case you might be screwing yourself worse, I bought my 06 TL w/ Navi for just shy of 30K - - At that price the TL is more in line with the Camry V6 and I think you're actually getting a bit more with the TL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
the acura auto v6 tl with nav 2007 (are there any new v6's left?)

goes for about 33,5k dealer invoice.

assuming i could get that price with tl and financing @ 3.99% comes to

37850.00 including higher insurance costs. would be sweeeeet though but i can't afford it.

i like having the compomise of 205hp with a 4cyl engine.

i really wasn't going out to find the camry v6 but once i test drove it i knew i could be happy with it as it gets decent ratings mpg and wide interiors.

the color/style package was right and it had nav w/blutooth. i spent 4+hrs with the dealer negotiating and they still wanted 1300 over invoice with no financing specials.

at this point i had test driven many civics (si,gas,hybrid) and accord v6 coupe and v6 hybrid (pretty sweet too 260hp hybrid!!)

but for every car there was one thing it didn't have like wrong color ext or int, no leather seats or no nav system. it's been weeks of pulling hair when i was ready to buy.

after going nowhere with the toyota dealer i finally test drove the tsx (only sat in it before)

it seemed a good compromise power/mpg definitely had "spunk" for a 4 banger with comfor and styling to boot.

the dealer was very pleasant all the way and quickly settled for 100. bucks over invoice. otd came to about 30k and i was pushing it financially already.

i would have been just as happy to get the same deal with the camry, even up to 500 over invoice which i offered but no deal, not even a hesitation in the denial of my offer.

after checking with other dealers in my area and waiting i went to the acura dealership and the rest was history.

·
Camry SE V6 Navi
202 Posts
okay... this is what you ought to do... get a written quote with all the options you want on it. Ask for a copy of it and tell them you want to think it over. Bring that quote to another toyota dealer and have them beat that. Then go to a third one and have them beat that one and so on... evertually, cycle back to the first dealer and show them the lowest quote you got. You don't have to show them the rest... just the lowest one. HAve them beat that... go around the cycle again and see what you can get.

I did that while the car was still hot during this past summer. I had to cycle around three dealers over and over and over again... but I got a really good deal when the car was hot. Better than what you're getting now when the camry sales are slowing down. Try that and see what you can get!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts