Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2014 HL XLE AWD
2,237 Posts
Update: There's actually no damage. After looking myself, a design issue is causing the loud rattle. The two pipes cross over each. Borla has offered to replace the system and insists this is the first time they've heard of this problem. Whats the point if the design is the same? Dealership has offered to order TRD cat backs. For those that appreciate stainless, whats your preference and has any one else experienced this problem??? I cant be the only one.
Just now read your thread. Did u have exhaust replaced? If not (as mentioned) consider TRD. Less bends should allow for smoother exhaust flow/exit. How restrictive is TRD muffler VS Borla & potential sound differences, IDK? Myself I'd opt for better flow even if not SS. Good luck either way. :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes, I have the sticker. Tint and exhaust were put on at port before dealership. Toyota ended up replacing the system with TRDs. I'm very pleased with it so far.

·
straight cash homie
19,607 Posts
http://www.autonews.com/article/20070430/SUB/70427094/morans-88-years-came-fully-loaded
His privately owned corporation, JM Family Enterprises, owns and operates three port processing plants along the Atlantic Coast, a parts distribution center the size of eight football fields, and a transportation company. It owns the finance and insurance business JM&A Group and the finance company World Omni Financial Corp. - all of which gave Moran a personal net worth estimated by Forbes at $2.4 billion last year.

The growth came with problems. In the 1980s, several dealers across his five-state sales region sued Moran, claiming he was loading unwanted port options on their cars. The charge nearly stripped Moran of his license to sell vehicles.

Moran also showed Toyota how to set up and run dealer advertising associations, how to sell extended warranties and even how to operate a port option facility, which Southeast Toyota had before Toyota Motor Sales.
To me, it seems that they still do that to this date. If the only Toyota dealers I had around me were operated by SET (or GST for that matter), I'd probably wouldn't buy one because you'd get gouged.

·
straight cash homie
19,607 Posts
Yes, I have the sticker. Tint and exhaust were put on at port before dealership. Toyota ended up replacing the system with TRDs. I'm very pleased with it so far.
Good for you. Borla is in bed with SET, though I wonder if the TRD exhaust you have now was made by Borla, since they have made many of TRD's exhausts in the past.

On the Camry side of the board, people wanting one see that SET is the only place that you can buy the Borla system for the newer Camrys (part of their 'XSP' lineup). Because of that, both Borla and SET are making $$.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts