Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
RSX-S
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just want to set this straight before i do it tomorrow. so i wanna debadge the Toyota, Camry and LE from my car tomorrow and i believe the yota symbol has holes behind it so im leaving it. so to do it i just blow dry it, peel it off, wipe the residue off with alcohol then wax and wash my car since there will be no wax there due to the alcohol. is that right? i just wanna make sure because thats what i got from reading the search results.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thats pretty much it. You can use Goo Gone for the sticky stuff that is leftover, and dental floss works well for cutting off the emblems.

·
Camry Under Construction
668 Posts
you are correct in your assumptions

·
Registered
2000Toyota CamryLE
33 Posts
05Cam-Weasel said:
you are correct in your assumptions
Meaning that the yota symbol does have holes?
I'm going to do this now also as I've wanted to but would want to take off the symbol also.

:confused:

·
Registered
RSX-S
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GStizzle said:
Meaning that the yota symbol does have holes?
I'm going to do this now also as I've wanted to but would want to take off the symbol also.

:confused:
well i know for a fact that the gen4 camry has holes under the yota symbol. if you dont cover it then it look really tacky, at least in my opinion.

·
Dealer Tech..not Toyota
540 Posts
what bout the gen 3, do toyota,& V6XLE have holes or no?

·
How hard can it be?
2006 Pontiac G6 GT
2,614 Posts
They all have holes.
I'm planning on taking them off, sanding, priming, then painting mine black pearl to stick out from the body color (Beige)

·
Registered
RSX-S
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so i took off the things i said i would and i bought and used denatured alcohol to wipe it off but it was gonna tear off the paint so i stopped using it. where can i get that goo gone? i went to an autoshop and walmart but they both didnt have it. i cleaned it off ok but not completely.

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,305 Posts
^Home Depot, OSH... any hardware store will have Goo Gone. Who told you to use alcohol? I would never put alcohol on my paint...

·
Registered
RSX-S
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
white3ch0c0late said:
^Home Depot, OSH... any hardware store will have Goo Gone. Who told you to use alcohol? I would never put alcohol on my paint...
ah! i read it in another post so i decided to try it. i had a feeling that it was going to remove my paint. aight well ill try a hardware store tomorrow then. thanks!

·
Australian TN'er
272 Posts
The gen 4 toyota symbol sits on a raised bit. If you take off the badge, be prepared to do ALOT of sanding! to make it flat or else you are going to have 2 raised edges out of nowhere =P

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,305 Posts
imbest123 said:
ah! i read it in another post so i decided to try it. i had a feeling that it was going to remove my paint. aight well ill try a hardware store tomorrow then. thanks!
Yeah, I used Goo Gone for mine and it worked wonderfully. There are a crapload of threads about debadging and using different ways about it, and I did a thorough search and found that most people were recommending Goo Gone over any other method, so I did it, and I'm glad I did.

J

·
0 Posts
Debadging

On my 99 Camry the only part that has holes and is raised is the T emblem. Jon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts