Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting a few weeks for a custom ordered XLE with 2nd row captains chairs, the dealer informed me that there were some issues getting them with the Silver Sky metallic and it would be a few more weeks. We decided to take our kids to the dealership and see how they liked the 60/40 2nd row seat, and they had no issues at all... in fact my 14 year old, at almost 6' tall, had plenty of leg room and thought the seat was plenty comfortable.

We decided to just buy an XLE off the lot. The access to the third row isn't quite as easy, but we gain the ability to have 8 passengers, so all is good. They had Creme Brulee, Nautical Blue, and PreDawn Gray Metallic.... We absolutely loved the PreDawn Gray and had to have it.

First impression... we love how nice this thing drives, and how quiet it is! Unreal... We also love how tough it looks in person, much better than the photos. Love the new front end.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Seems to be a problem with the Ash leather! I did a search of SET inventory and not one Ash leather vehicle out there as of a couple a days ago.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems to be a problem with the Ash leather! I did a search of SET inventory and not one Ash leather vehicle out there as of a couple a days ago.
I think you are right... luckily ours has the ash leather, since that was definitely our preference.

Nice pick up! How was your dealership experience? Looks like yours comes with mud guards.
I also decided not to get the captains chair as we needed the extra space.
Make sure you post your price paid here
Thanks!
Dealership experience was great! They were truly apologetic about the special order not working out, and even dropped the interest rate on our loan below what my credit union would do so I could get the 8 year extended warranty at the same monthly payment. Already having a lifetime powertrain warranty, I feel much better with having an extended warranty on all of those electronic gadgets and devises.

I was also surprised that it has the mud guards and integrated wheel well trim.... I wasn't expecting that. The only "add" that shows on the window sticker is "Z1" Carpeted floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net, and first aid kit.

·
Registered
Toyota
719 Posts
I think you are right... luckily ours has the ash leather, since that was definitely our preference.

Thanks!
Dealership experience was great! They were truly apologetic about the special order not working out, and even dropped the interest rate on our loan below what my credit union would do so I could get the 8 year extended warranty at the same monthly payment. Already having a lifetime powertrain warranty, I feel much better with having an extended warranty on all of those electronic gadgets and devises.

I was also surprised that it has the mud guards and integrated wheel well trim.... I wasn't expecting that. The only "add" that shows on the window sticker is "Z1" Carpeted floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net, and first aid kit.
Awesome deal! What was the price of the mud guards and cargo net? I pretty much got a bare XLE only added was cargo mat and carpeted floor mats?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome deal! What was the price of the mud guards and cargo net? I pretty much got a bare XLE only added was cargo mat and carpeted floor mats?
The sticker shows the "Z1" package (Cargo net/Cargo Mat/Carpeted Floor mats/First Aid Kit) as $308

The mud guards don't show up anywhere... I truly don't know why they are on there, but i'm glad they are! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Toyota
719 Posts
Mud guards are standard on XLE and above i believe
only if its AWD from what the press release

FlyFL1PgUy99 said in his post above that his XLE doesn't have them.
wish it came on mines

XLE definitely doesn't have mud guards standard. Mine doesn't.
SUcks!

It has to be a AWD XLE.
that is correct

Mudguards are standard on all trim lines that have AWD
Yes

Note: All specs are for both two-wheel drive (2WD) and four-wheel drive (4WD) unless otherwise noted.

2014 Highlander Product Information

STANDARD EXTERIOR FEATURES

LE

Projector-beam halogen headlights with auto on/off feature

Daytime Running Lights (DRL) with on/off feature

Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with turn signal indicators and folding feature

Color-keyed outside door handles

18-inch split five-spoke alloy wheels with P245/60 R18 105S tires

Black front and rear mudguards (AWD only)

Washer-linked variable intermittent windshield wipers and intermittent rear wiper

Windshield wiper de-icer

UV reduction glass on all windows

High Solar Energy-Absorbing (HSEA) glass on front and rear side windows

Privacy glass on rear side, quarter, and liftgate windows

Color-keyed rear spoiler with LED center high-mount stop lamp

Remote keyless entry system with remote illuminated entry
Rear liftgate window defogger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.