Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody suggest a great and reliable aftermarket CD deck with preamped outputs and auxilary inputs (preferably rear) for a decent price? maybe $100-$170 for an '05 corolla. replacing stock 6cd changer. Let me know. thanks.

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
if you don't mind spending a little more, or if you can find one for cheap, alpine has always been a big fan of mine... i cannot really think of an alpine deck i have seen, in recent years, that i would not want to have in my ride:thumbup:

·
JL Fanatik
42 Posts
It kinda matters also what your looking for in a deck. My two favorites are Pioneer and Alpine. I think alpine is better though haveing used many types of receivers.

Pioneer - great deck that is good for non-sub system because i found that it can put a decent amount of bass into aftermarket components (used when i just had upgraded components in my current car)

Alpine- best aftermarket decks for *full* sounding system (upgraded too when i got subs)

The other thing is, pioneers are very flashy for cheap, when alpine sacrifices flashyness for performance, you gotta put up a lot more $$ for a flashy alpine.

Im currently using a alpine cda-9825 i believe, 200$ i love it

Hope that was of some help

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Pioneer DEH-P4600

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Pioneer DEH-P4600

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just installed a new Clarion 545 that I am very pleased with. This Clarion has MP3, Sirius ready, remote, (2) putputs, etc. I am pleased so far. I had an Alpine CDA-9827 that I also liked but was way too bright at night, so I sold it and bought the Clarion. I liked the Alpine remote better. The Alpine also has 4 volt preamps.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My $$ is on Pioneer, Great product.

Make sure you do some research for installation of HU as I have heard the 03+ opening is a little diffrerent than standard (looks curved to me) possible double DIN ??

get the wiring adaptors (Metra), makes life easy.

CW

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't mean to just jump in on this thread, but I'm also looking to replace the stock CD/AM/FM deck in an 05 Corolla S. I think it is a double DIN size, but the problem is that it's in a part of the dash that's curved. Are there any adapters for the newer Corollas so that a double-DIN size aftermarket HU doesn't look terrible?

-Steve

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmm. Looks like it might fit but don't take my word for it.. you might wanna contact the cardomain store and double check. Good Luck. The 04 and 05 factory stereo look the same, but I'm not sure again. Call and ask, I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts