Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota T100
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New member here and I just wanted to make an intro thread.

I live in Louisiana and when I was in College I bought a gorgeous cobalt blue 96 Toyota T100. It was a show truck and came pre wired for sound and had a Toyota Celica engine in it that had more than enough power to get me in lots of trouble. At just over 400,000 miles it threw a rod and kicked the bucket. For the last 10 years I have kept my eye out for another T100 every time a new vehicle purchase rolled around.

Last month a drunk driver ran a red light and totaled out the Jeep I had been driving and left me with a jacked up back and a fat insurance check as I had gotten the jeep on a steal deal. I started perusing Craig's list and low and behold found a small dealership in Dallas that had this gorgeous beauty. A cobalt blue 96 4WD T100 on 33s with running boards, a lineX bedliner and... Well pretty much perfection. I will never get rid of it. Ever. If I have to rebuild it from the frame up I will. Driving this truck was like coming home. I feel like a teenager again.

·
Registered
Toyota T100
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
First day out I realized I was gonna need some new tires.

I drove through this to get to the deer stand all year round in my jeep but I had good mud tires. Some 33" Treadwright Guard Dog MTs are in the mail already.

Getting out of that slough wasn't easy once those back tires slid me into those bushes.

Once my buddy got me straightened out with a strap that mud was slinging high. Felt sorry for my brother in the back.

BEEAUTIFUL. This was the day after I bought the truck. LoL, officially broken in.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,847 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :D

Things you might want to consider are the AC low pressure line insulation mod, differential breather mod, upgrade sway bar bushings and end links to polyurethane, etc. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.