Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing about the new light bar from Demello in another light bar thread, I decided to give them a call. Jason sent the following picture to me. The price seems a bit steep, but it I know it's well made and probably worth it... the only thing is that it appears the wiring runs back over the top of the bumper instead of through the tube (which could be fixed easily enough). Maybe this is just a picture of the prototype so it isn't wired properly. Who knows. I'm still not sure though... it looks decent, but it doesn't jump out at me. I'm sure it'll grow on me though once I see more pictures of it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think if the bar was paint matched...it might be pretty sweet. I am on the fence for this one.

·
Registered
Tacoma regular cab
125 Posts
I have to agree with Dale.

The Randy Ellis is much better looking.

·
Speed Junkie
139 Posts
Demello makes offroad oriented stuff for serious offroaders. The upside of Demello's is the high mount.

Randy Ellis's wraps under the bumper, and decreases your approach angle. The Demello's also looks much more durable with all round tubing. I agree it's not very asthetically pleasing on that silver taco, though.

·
Registered
Tacoma regular cab
125 Posts
AfterShock said:
Demello makes offroad oriented stuff for serious offroaders. The upside of Demello's is the high mount.

Randy Ellis's wraps under the bumper, and decreases your approach angle. The Demello's also looks much more durable with all round tubing. I agree it's not very asthetically pleasing on that silver taco, though.
Point well taken.....
And I agree with you. And for all intent and purpose, The Demello is probably the better light bar. The Demello still looks like crap, albeit functional. But if I am going into stuff that would require me to worry about my approach angle. I would probably worry more about other things. I suppose if I were into rock crawling that that would be more of an issue. I would actually like to see some thick flat stock running in between those to uprights that extend from the frame rails. The would act as a skid plate. Much more robust.

·
Crtl-Alt-Del
807 Posts
frankho said:
I would actually like to see some thick flat stock running in between those to uprights that extend from the frame rails. The would act as a skid plate. Much more robust.
Now you've got the train of thought moving..... I bet some material there would certainly add some protection for the from end...

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DaleClough said:
Now you've got the train of thought moving..... I bet some material there would certainly add some protection for the from end...
The description of this bar actually says factory skid plates will still fit. It looks wide enough for even my big ass aluminum skid plate to fit in there.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Is the Demello the bar thats on the black Taco in the Performance Products Mag ? It has 3 lights on it.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
The Demello one looks like you have to drill into the bumper. :confused: :thumbdown

I like the look of the Randy Ellis one better.

·
Registered
370 Posts
saw a demello light bar

on the way to meet a buddy in the hospital in Frisco, Colorado after a horrendous skiing accident (wear a helmet if you ski) I saw a white 05 Tacoma with what I'm pretty damn sure was this demello light bar on it.. It looked sweet in "real life..." Unfortunately, I had to go to the ER and wasn't able to check it out. Point being, it looked sweet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts