Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
This Space For Rent
Joined
·
14,150 Posts
The sliders that PP sells is Jason's. Just buy directly from his site that TcmaBoy posted. Quality stuff and you'll get great service from Jason and the gang as well.
 

·
This Space For Rent
Joined
·
14,150 Posts
Depends what you mean by "hold up". Hold up to what? If you're talking about a demolition derby, then of course they won't, but if you're referring to a little rock climbing or off-roading then yes, they will. Jason builds some of the best stuff that you can find and that's what he builds them for. Ask anyone on the TTORA board and they will attest to his quality of work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lookin ot have them for offroad purposes to obviously protect my rockers etc. . . no other recommendations for this purpose then?

I'm askin cause i wanna make sure what i'm putting on my Taco is 'the best' that i can. Also about how long would it take to get them from Cali to VT? any ideas. . .


BTW, this forum has been A LOT of help and i'll definately put pics up of my taco when i'm done. thanx all.. . .
 

·
This Space For Rent
Joined
·
14,150 Posts
icecold_ii said:
Lookin ot have them for offroad purposes to obviously protect my rockers etc. . . no other recommendations for this purpose then?

I'm askin cause i wanna make sure what i'm putting on my Taco is 'the best' that i can. Also about how long would it take to get them from Cali to VT? any ideas. . .


BTW, this forum has been A LOT of help and i'll definately put pics up of my taco when i'm done. thanx all.. . .
They're called rock sliders for a reason. And yes, they are one of the best on the market today. As for delivery time, you'll need to click on the link above and email/call Jason and ask him. You can probably talk him down some on the price too, he's a cool guy to deal with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Couple more ?'s on the sliders. . . on the site the weld on sliders are about $200 cheaper then the bolt on ones. . any ideas why? ALSO, theres an option of 'lift'. whats that about?
 

·
This Space For Rent
Joined
·
14,150 Posts
icecold_ii said:
Couple more ?'s on the sliders. . . on the site the weld on sliders are about $200 cheaper then the bolt on ones. . any ideas why? ALSO, theres an option of 'lift'. whats that about?
Email or call Jason to answer those questions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
icecold_ii said:
Couple more ?'s on the sliders. . . on the site the weld on sliders are about $200 cheaper then the bolt on ones. . any ideas why? ALSO, theres an option of 'lift'. whats that about?
Does anyone have an answer? I've sent an email to Demello Offroad and haven't got a response, so in mean time i'm lookin for some sorta answer.....
 

·
This Space For Rent
Joined
·
14,150 Posts
Dang, Dude, you need to chill a bit. It's a long weekend because of the MLK holiday on Monday and Jason and the boys are probably out playing until they get back to the shop on Tuesday. They work hard, but they play even harder. I say if you don't get a response from them by Tuesday, give them a call instead of an email.
 

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
Joined
·
1,757 Posts
icecold_ii said:
Does anyone have an answer? I've sent an email to Demello Offroad and haven't got a response, so in mean time i'm lookin for some sorta answer.....
There are several models avaiable. The cheap ones are a basic bare minimum design. The more expensive ones are of a heavier design and materiels. You need to talk to them to decide on which is right for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
humanoid said:
Dang, Dude, you need to chill a bit. It's a long weekend because of the MLK holiday on Monday and Jason and the boys are probably out playing until they get back to the shop on Tuesday. They work hard, but they play even harder. I say if you don't get a response from them by Tuesday, give them a call instead of an email.
I understand their probly playing, but i like to get personal opinions on things. Even knowing Demello is great qaulity and i hear that from everybody, I STILL like to get peoples opinions on anything for first hand experiance. ha ha, and i forgot bout the holiday. thnx though.
 

·
trd04taco
2004 Tacoma 4WD TRD
Joined
·
476 Posts
THe lift options on them are for if you have a body lift installed. THe weld on's don't have brackets that go around the frame to bolt through.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
trd04taco said:
THe lift options on them are for if you have a body lift installed. THe weld on's don't have brackets that go around the frame to bolt through.
So the brackets alone make them $200 more?? (callin tomorrow but lookin for PERSONAL opinions)
 

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
Joined
·
1,757 Posts
icecold_ii said:
So the brackets alone make them $200 more?? (callin tomorrow but lookin for PERSONAL opinions)
Price varies with the type of slider you buy. The brackets do add to the price because they require more materiels and extra fabrication. You are paying for the shop time to make it. They are also powder coated. The other stuff comes bare metal. That is what makes the DIY stuff so much cheaper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
humanoid said:
The sliders that PP sells is Jason's. Just buy directly from his site that TcmaBoy posted. Quality stuff and you'll get great service from Jason and the gang as well.
I just checked out Performanceproducts.com. . . . they have the demello sliders(including the shipping) for about $100 cheaper. Any ideas as to why Demello directly would cost almost $200 to ship where the afore mentioned site only costs $50 for the SAME product???
 

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
Joined
·
1,757 Posts
icecold_ii said:
I just checked out Performanceproducts.com. . . . they have the demello sliders(including the shipping) for about $100 cheaper. Any ideas as to why Demello directly would cost almost $200 to ship where the afore mentioned site only costs $50 for the SAME product???
Performance is a big company with a big distribution contract. Demello is a small shop that has to ship by UPS.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top