Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I like the Dension, however, if I understand it correctly you lose the functionality of your 6-disc changer. With the Ipod2Car, you lose the functionality of disc 6, but can still use disc's 1 through 5. Can someone please confirm if this is correct?

I prefer the cradle of the Dension and the ability to have the text on the display - but I still would like the ability to play the odd CD when I need to. For this reason, I'm leaning towards the Ipod2Car.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kenny

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2006 with the 6 disc in dash cd player. I also have the denison icelink. Picked it up off ebay for dirt cheap.

The denison works great but you cannot have any cds in the head unit at the same time. The in dash cd player seems to take priority over the "aux" input created by the denison. If you were listening to your ipod and put in a cd, it would automatically switch to cd.

So bottom line is that your cd player still works.

I imagine this would be similar for any aux input adapter.

I think I remember reading other posts on ipod adaptors and this one at a time thing is unique to 2006+ head units (but don't hold me to it).

Tom

·
Registered
27 Posts
IceLink + 6-disc

I've had the IceLink for over a year in my 2005 with 6-disc. You DO NOT lose use of the 6-disc at all. You can use all 6 discs and the ipod as well. Just push "DISC" to switch between the changer and the IceLink. And of course it will swtich to the changer if you put a CD in, that's what any changer does! Just push "DISC" to get back to the ipod. I always have all 6 discs full and the ipod connected with no problems at all. I don't know if they changed it for 2006, but my 05 works fine.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Same here with my icelink. Go back and forth between all six dics and icelink. Make sure you are in the right mode and follow instructions.

·
2007 DC Indigo Ink 2WD
07 DC Taco SP#1
178 Posts
i have the ipod2Car but do NOT have the 6-disc changer so i cant help you with the use of the 6th disc, but i can just confirm what you already know about the ipod2car. I understand you loose the use of the 6th disc, but you may just be able to hit the "disc" button and then use the 6th disc. I would like to have the ability to have the text shown on my HU but i was in a rush to buy a product and the ipod2car Gen 2 was not out yet. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated!

Kenny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts