Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone requested that I post pictures of my Denso air filter because I thought that it looked really weird compared to other filters taht I've used in my car.

I thought it was weird looking because the material is thicker than paper normally used in other filters such as those from Toyota OEM, Purolator, and Napa Gold (Wix). The material is thicker and puffy like and has less folds than other filters that I've used...I can't really tell any difference performance wise between this one and the Purolator that was in there before.

Anyone know if this is better or worse than the Purolator and Napa Gold (Wix) filters that I've been using as far as filtration goes?

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
if it is Denso then it should be the factory replacement shouldnt it. If so then it will be jsut as good as factory. As for it not looking the same as the older ones you ahve had, maybe they changed the design a little bit.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^
Possibly, but this is not a Denso filter that I bought at Toyota parts counter. I got it from the same place I bought my NGK spark plug wires -- shipping was the same price with or without the filter and I was due for a new filter.

It's branded as Denso Aftermarket or Denso First Time Fit or something close to that.

I haven't seen a Toyota air filter from Toyota parts counter in a while so I don't know if they've change the design. I can say however, that the original Toyota filter did not look like this. It had many more pleats and the material was different and thinner-- it looked the same as the Purolator or Napa Gold filters I've used. But I haven't seen a Toyota OE filter since mid 2001 so who knows.

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
my airfilters before my new amsoil one looked all like that. Even FRAM's replacement for the camry looks like that. Although it feels cheaper. My camry came with denso..and i havent seen a filter much different from that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts