Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
03 Avalon XLS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what the 2 letters represent on the Iridium 3297 plugs ? Its stamped after the Japan imprint "AC" and some are "AP"

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
2,593 Posts
Can anybody tell me what the 2 letters represent on the Iridium 3297 plugs ? Its stamped after the Japan imprint "AC" and some are "AP"
Denso make spark plugs for "AC" Delco And Autolite Platinum, which use "AP"

·
Registered
03 Avalon XLS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok,i got them off ebay at a good price i just hope they're all good and not fake,they look legit the Denso label on the ceramics wont scratch off the electrodes are dark with what looks like a welded tip,

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
2,593 Posts
That's been a big discussion on the T100 forum, some owners say when they got the plugs,( some from Amazon seller's others from Ebay) were obviously not legit.
Never got into specifics as to what tipped them off. But, those who had questionable plugs said they worked fine but just didn't last as long.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Oh ok,i got them off ebay at a good price i just hope they're all good and not fake,they look legit the Denso label on the ceramics wont scratch off the electrodes are dark with what looks like a welded tip,
Personally, due to the huge amount of counterfeit plugs out there, I would not buy them on eBay or even Amazon if the price was "good." Denso website probably has a list of authorized retailers.

·
Registered
03 Avalon XLS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt run across the fake plug articles til after i ordered them i think im sending them back i dont trust them now they may be legit they may not be,if you can get 6 for 24$ free shipping it just seems suspect to me,the person has 97 approval rating but ive seen on Ebay they share everybodys comments to each sellers a lot of times ,not worth chance

·
Registered
104 Posts
Denso Iridiums are under $5 on RockAuto. No reason to risk fakes. Personally, when the time comes to change plugs, I am going with NGK Ruthenium. Supposed to be the ultimate in spark conductivity and longevity.

·
Registered
03 Avalon XLS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The Denso plugs for under 5$ i dont think those are the "Long life" ones They have 2 types on their site and one type is under $5 its not the "long life" or does that even matter ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts