Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an automatic '05 Corolla S approximately 3 - 4 weeks ago. Every time I fill up the gas tank, the car won't start! I've tried everything! I've made sure the gas cap is on tight, I've waited a few minutes, I've stopped pumping gas once it's clicked, I get nothing! The dealership says it doesn't find any problems, but my car is 3 weeks old! This shouldn't be happening! ALSO, my check engine light has been coming on and off. More on that off. Again, the dealership either finds no codes, or the light "magically disappears" once I bring it in. Has anyone heard of a problem like this? Any help would be appreciated!!! Thank you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup. I sit at the pump until I can finally get it started.
The dealer doesn't have a clue! I'm actually going today so they can come get gas with me to see what happens. I'm praying that it DOES happen so they can see it. I've been searching for something on this.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Maybe the gas isn't igniting properly or something..
Ask them to check for that, Though i dont think a 3 wk yr old car should have that. Actually i dont even think a 3wk TOYOTA should even be having problems...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So today will be my 3rd time bringing it to them to check out. (It's been more than 3 times, but I didn't get a receipt the first time). What do you suggest my next action be? Talk to the dealership? Go directly to Toyota Corporate? Government?

The dealership has said they've checked all of the lines, checked for leaks, they find nothing.

·
Princess Leadfoot
659 Posts
Yeah everything should be under warranty still... I guess you can't exchange it for another one... but they should still check it out thoroughly for you. I know Saturn has some sort of refund thing...

Keep us updated though cuz we're all curious to see what the problem is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, they're doing this all free of charge. But they don't know what's wrong and don't really seem to care to figure it out. But it is a pain in the butt meeting my husband two times a week at the dealership after working all day. I've spent the last 3 weekends at the toyota dealership.

·
Registered
445 Posts
try going to a different dealership.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
XB~Blondie said:
IT'S A LEMON, TAKE IT BACK AND GET ANOTHER ONE!!!!!
another what, another lemon? ;)

sounds like the fuel load is causing the engine to flood with fuel?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts