Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my high school soccer team did a fundraising carwash today and as i was washign cars i noticed a lot of the newer cars windows look very nice compared to mine. mine have little white speckles (especially on the windshield) which make it difficult to drive in some conditions and it just looks bad. is this cause the newer cars just have newer windows with less wear and tear than mine? or do newer cars have like a better kidn of glass that looks more reflective and smooth? do you guys know any methods/tricks of how to make the windows look real nice?

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Mine is so bad that it seeams as it had snowed on it. :(

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
when cleaning glass....i use lots of windex...and old newspaper seems to make things streak free compared to using paper towels......

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Windex type cleaners are bad on windows. They leave a film and it get's dirty quicker. Take a worn out microfiber towel and get it wet. rub down the window, then follow with another one to dry it.

Get's the windows very clean, and leave no residue. The clean lasts longer...

As said above, a *DAMP* newspaper used to scrub glass will clean it. Just dry it off afterwards.

·
Ferocious Teddy Bear
674 Posts
the good news is sean........massachusetts has no fault glass. throw a baseball into it, and call the glass company, they take care of the rest, all the paperwork, everything.

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
marc you wanna come over and bash in all of my windows so i can wake up in the morning and tell my parents i have no idea what happened?

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
If you have tinted windows.... DONT USE WINDEX on the inside. Anything ammonia based will really fuck up your tint.

They make this foamy stuff... I think it works best :thumbup:

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
Yeah, Marc's right. My mom and I did that to my windshield. It was pitted badly too. We took a hammer to it. :D New windshield next day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts