Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I tell if the new V4 CAMRY that I plan to buy was manufactured after the "fix" for the transmission lag was made at the factory? Can I tell from the VIN or engime number?

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
They make a V6 and a I4 but not a V4. The plate in the driver door sill has the month of manufacture on it. Beyond that, it is rumored that the actual date is on a sticker on the right reer strut. Remove the wheel to see it. Toyota can also tell you.

·
Registered
508 Posts
gdanaher said:
They make a V6 and a I4 but not a V4. The plate in the driver door sill has the month of manufacture on it. Beyond that, it is rumored that the actual date is on a sticker on the right reer strut. Remove the wheel to see it. Toyota can also tell you.
As gdanaher mentioned, the build month is on the door jam sticker. you're looking for a build month of October at the earliest for the tranny ECM change. However, the dealer and Toyota USA can tell you from the VIN the specific date.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Dave S. said:
How can I tell if the new V4 CAMRY that I plan to buy was manufactured after the "fix" for the transmission lag was made at the factory? Can I tell from the VIN or engime number?
Assuming you are talking about the I4 with 5 speed auto:

Per the TSB the Kentucky models were corrected a/o VIN 7U080051 for line #1 and 7U599506 for line #2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
follow-up question on build date

I am refering to an I4. Is thre any rule about Camry's manufactured in Japan similar to the rule that you provided about the cars manufactutred in Kentiucky?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts