DFW Map Rally
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America invites you to a fun drive in the country in Collin County, Texas. We give you a map and a list of questions to be answered by visiting specific locations on the map, which are churches, farms, or ranches. You determine your route, go to each location, and answer a question that verifies you have been there. The team who visits all the required landmarks in the shortest distance will win, and the winners will receive awards. Speed is not a factor.
• Rally Day: Saturday, August 24, 2019
• Registration and Start: Clay Cooley Volkswagen of Richardson, 300 N. Central Expy, Richardson, TX 75080.
• Registration opens at 10:00am on Rally Day and will close at 10:30am (time may be adjusted)
• After registration, you will receive your odometer calibration run instructions (to normalize all of the entrants’ odometers)
• The odo check ends at Crow's Country Cafe, 113 W. 4th Street, Anna, Texas. Here you will receive your maps and the 15 or so locations that you have to visit.
• Take 30 minutes to determine your route from map(s) provided. No GPS/electronic aids permitted here.
• Route: You choose your route from maps provided. You may use any public road in your attempt to log the shortest distance on your odometer. Depending on your chosen route, you may encounter stretches of unpaved road, though we think that the shortest-distance route will be all paved.
• Cars leave the official start whenever you are ready, in any order (but at 1 minute intervals). First car out could be as early as 11:15am. You must check in at the control in front of the restaurant, to have your time and mileage recorded.
• Length: as short as you can make it in miles, probably about 3½ hours in time
• Finish: back to Crow's Country Cafe in Anna.
• Rally type: Shortest distance rally. SCCA calls this a GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) rally.
• Classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies). GPS and other electronic aids welcome in any class once you’re on the road.
• At least two people who can read (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact [email protected]
if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed.
• Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, Convertibles, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
• Rally Fee: $30.00, SCCA Members: $5.00 discount. A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com. If not preregistered, you must pay with registration.
• Rally Master: John Poulos.
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. We encourage entrants to pre-register at least a few days in advance. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries. To pre-register, follow this link to MotorsportReg.com: http://msreg.com/DMR19msr
On public roads, always at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and a friend. Join us!