Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...Have a 1996 Tacoma - love it. 200,000 miles and looks darn near contours.

Problem is, drivers side seat belt got pulled ALL THE WAY OUT. And I mean all the way. not one one hundreth of a millimeter of give. and obviously it wont retract.

I pulled the panel out and can see the mechanism, but is there an easier way to get this thing fixed w/out pulling the whole side panel out?

Please help. I'm a skinny guy with 2 feet of loos seat belt in my lap!!

email is [email protected] (and that's a zero after the b, not the letter 'o'.
PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
it's a life saving device kinda like brakes and air bags. Go get a newer one(junkyard/partout) and just go through the pain of fixing it other than the pain of going through the windshield.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Point

it's a life saving device kinda like brakes and air bags. Go get a newer one(junkyard/partout) and just go through the pain of fixing it other than the pain of going through the windshield.
Good point. Unfortunately, I have been through a windshield. The worst part is the plastic layer in there that acts like the collar of a t-shirt and hugs your neck. My belt broke!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This DOES help, but it means I have to remove the entire side panel, remove the seat belt actuator off of the sidewall, and then work on it. I was hoping there was a release lever I could get to with out having to remove everything!!
Hey that was cool! thanks...I'm gonna try it, because it looks bad and Im not gonna get any :Bruce:with a crappy looking seat belt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts