Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
well it is hard to say for sure from a video but it looks like it is very possible the rear mount is going or gone. Another test you can try is get a pry bar and crawl under the car. Pry on the mount to see if it seems to move exessively. WHen you are prying it you may even notice the rubber bushing part of it seperating from the metal part of the mount itself.

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sr20de2 said:
I have a 94 i4 and it moved alot like that. I changed the front and rear mounts and it quit. So i couldnt say for sure which mount you may have failing.

The front mount was changed in March. The dog bone was changed over the summer, but cracked again (I think due to the rear) so I am making the top dog bone with polyurthane and that will fix that. But the rear has to be done, am I right?

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
well my 1mzfe moves a lot...and i do think one of mymounts are probably going out soon.....but my car still shifts and idles really niicely.

Uhm i think you should probably just get it all replaced especially if you're keeping ur car for a long time. Its better for everything in the long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.