Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Getting my dream on road
1992 toyota MR2
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKae guys major problem killed me inside so last nite im driving home and doin bout 70 on the freeway when all of the sudden theres a line of break light in front of me so i think okae downshift and slwo it down only thing is i mishift and downshift into 2nd instead of 4th and red line really badly ,so i get the car home and everytime i let off the gas its make this loud noise like buzzing so when i get off the freeway and on the regular streets i try and shift gears from a complete stop and the clutch wont move into any of the gears :sosad: :sosad: :sosad: ....so now my question is have i killed my clutch or tranmission???? i and turn the car and it idols in a normal postion and wen the car is off i can move the shifter it just none of the gear work when the car is on please help me!!!!! all answers are welcome and needed the more the better.....

thank you much

·
Owns first Mr2!!!!!
MKII Mr2
140 Posts
DDUUDDEE!!!! that happened to me like a few days ago, I put a post about it, had help, and found out that its the clutch. Also, what could be wrong is like this cylinder thing that opens when you push the clutch in, I dont know the name of it, but if I remember correctly my mechanic said its like a slave cylinder I think, it goes like directly underneath the car. Maybe people who know the Mr2's inside and out will be able to help you out a lot more.

·
Getting my dream on road
1992 toyota MR2
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you DjJester88 vbmenu_register("postmenu_1595730", true); for reply ....keep em coming guyz please

·
Audi Technician
91 MR2
774 Posts
it is your clutch...

not your trans... if you couldn't shift when the car was off then you would have a trans issue...

you downshifted so hard the trans and engine was going at extreme different speeds... the clutch plate could have got welded to the pressure plate... either that or you ripped your friction springs out and they got wedged between the clutch plate and pressure plate not allowing you to replease

·
Registered
03' Matrix XRS 6sp
109 Posts
Any chance you floated a valve too?

·
Young At Heart
1993 Mr2
463 Posts
Clutch

You need a new clutch buddy... Sorry to tell ya but thats what it is. And Buy the whole kit. Don't try to be cheap, just buy the whole thing, it isn't that much money.

·
Getting my dream on road
1992 toyota MR2
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
coolness thank you much guys that what i was hoping it was cause i been having a bit of bad luck lately so to hear it is most likely just the clutch is the best thing ever i wanted to replace the clutch anyway :) so so so happy to have this site for info ...so does anyone think i could actully do the work in a weekend or would it be better to get a pro i've work on cars before but not sure if i will need alot more tools then i may have on my own with friends.

·
Audi Technician
91 MR2
774 Posts
ryunosuke said:
coolness thank you much guys that what i was hoping it was cause i been having a bit of bad luck lately so to hear it is most likely just the clutch is the best thing ever i wanted to replace the clutch anyway :) so so so happy to have this site for info ...so does anyone think i could actully do the work in a weekend or would it be better to get a pro i've work on cars before but not sure if i will need alot more tools then i may have on my own with friends.
prolly not....

you need to get the car high off the ground...

not too much tools are needed... but a trans jack really really really helps

·
Young At Heart
1993 Mr2
463 Posts
yes.

As this is definately a car that needs the ingine, tranny or whatever internal peices to be removed from the bottom, unlike most cars that u can remove engines from the top... This entire car is pretty much based on having a lift. There aren many things u can do at home, but when it comes to having things like this done, U had better have a friend with a lift, or a mechanic do it.

·
Getting my dream on road
1992 toyota MR2
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okae coolness thank for the input wells just gotta find the rite shop nows :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts