Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some needed service done to the truck today. I ordered Toyota plugs. The ones taken out were NGK, the ones the dealer supplied were Nippon Denso. Both fine plugs. The old ones still looked good. They are regular copper plugs, not platinum, and are supposed to be changed every 30K.

I had the transmission and differential drained and refilled.

Put in the first new air filter-Toyota filter (just say no to K&N ;) )

And I had my alignment done for the 3rd time.

The truck definitely is easier to shift into gear. :D Now to finish this stereo and kill the rattles

G

·
If you have the 4.0L V6 the OEM plugs should be Iridium not Copper or Platinum according to the manual. Still changed at 30K though which is odd.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
NH05TACOMA said:
If you have the 4.0L V6 the OEM plugs should be Iridium not Copper or Platinum according to the manual. Still changed at 30K though which is odd.
Check your manual again, 4L is not iridium, 2.7L is.

·
Toyota Parts Manager
138 Posts
worthywads said:
Check your manual again, 4L is not iridium, 2.7L is.
Plugs.....

2.7l: Toyota Part #: 90919-01191. Denso #: SK20HR11. Price: $21.15ea. DEFINITELY IRIDIUM!

4.0l: Toyota Part #: 90919-01235. Denso #: K20HR-U11. Price: $2.12ea. DEFINITELY STANDARD!

EDIT: Thank GOD I got the V6. No way in hell I'm paying $45.00 for 4 spark'em plugs.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turtleboy said:
glad everything worked out. Now get your stereo done. :)

I have packages coming in the mail every day :D :lol:

VERY soon.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Count said:
Was the old tranny and diff fluid shot? Or did you change just as a good measure?

I was well over due. I should have done both at 15K :eek:

The trans shifts alot smoother now, so I know it needed it. I regret not doing them at 15K.

NH05TACOMA said:
They are indeed regular NGK/Denso coppers. Just like the 4Runner and Tundras with the 4.0 ALso the V8 in the Tundras/4runners use copper plugs.

·
Registered
05 Taco PreR AC TRD
163 Posts
what fluids did you go with for the tranny and diff? i'm getting ready to do my 20K service, thinking of changing out them fluids out.

did you change out your cabin air filter? had to change mine out at 15K, it was getting pretty bad.

3rd alignment already? What gives? i rotate every 5K, but haven't done an alignment yet. tires still looking pretty good.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
75w90 in trans and synthetic gear lube in the rear. Mine's a 6 speed though so if you have an auto it's different. Check your owners manual.

I don't think I have a cabin air filter.

I'm a service writer at a shop so alignments and service is next to free. I like to do my alignment every 10K miles.

·
Toyota Parts Manager
138 Posts
cam2Xrunner said:
75w90 in trans and synthetic gear lube in the rear. Mine's a 6 speed though so if you have an auto it's different. Check your owners manual.

I don't think I have a cabin air filter.

I'm a service writer at a shop so alignments and service is next to free. I like to do my alignment every 10K miles.
You are correct sir. The Tacomas do not have a cabin air filter.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 2005's don't but the 2006's do. The filter from a 2006 will slide right into place in the 2005's opening behind the glovebox.

·
Toyota Parts Manager
138 Posts
Just tried to look one up in my electronic parts catalog. I don't show a listing on a cabin air filter on the 05's or the 06's.

·
Official Misfit
1,453 Posts
20+ for a spark plug...crap

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cdaniel76 said:
Just tried to look one up in my electronic parts catalog. I don't show a listing on a cabin air filter on the 05's or the 06's.

88508-01010 :thumbup:

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
81shark said:
20+ for a spark plug...crap

Denso/NGK Platinums are about 12 bucks each. These don't need to be changed for 90K miles either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts