Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No CEL is on, but the "maintenance required" message is pretty insistent. My gut tells me that it has to do with hitting 5000 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes, that's the default mileage for tire rotation and minor service "check" (no oil change until 10k). It's part of your included ToyotaCare for first two years, but it's still optional if you want to go to the Dealer to have them rotate tires for free (assuming they actually do it - my dealer just pretended to rotate the tires on my Rav4 at 5k).

·
Registered
6 Posts
My son suffered the same scam with his Honda Civic. Paid for tire rotation and was not performed. I told him next time place a small white paint dot on the inside of 2 of the tires, one front one rear. Check when he picks up the car if the marks are on the other end of the car.

·
Registered
180 Posts
...I told him next time place a small white paint dot on the inside of 2 of the tires,...
At 5k for my Rav4, I had a spot of tar on the right rear alloy wheel that I hadn't had time to clean off. When I got home...it was still on the right, rear wheel. :mad:

Now I write 1, 2, 3, 4 next to each tire stem with black sharpie. It's hard to see, but it lasts long enough to still see after servicing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts