Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
1995 Toyota T100 4x4 DLX
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I submitted a request to Bring A Trailer for auctioning my cherry 1995 T100 DX 4x4 and was shot down in flames one day after submitting.
Again all logic is out the window. The T100's were made for the short time of only 5 years thats it I would even say limited production from Japan.
The Taco has been in production for 26 years so there are quite a few of these little guys running around. (Plenty of Tacomas on BAT by the way.)
Now the math question how can a Tacoma be more desired than it's slightly larger brother? I mean really comparing Tacomas to T100 head to head the T100 wins at every turn no matter what. The T100 should technically be at the top of the market since they were the last of the made in japan trucks "just saying."

Now for something completely different. BAT will however auction these cars
53D6FF1E-73EF-4F82-A95D-42EDD82DB3A1.png

Registered
Tacoma's suck !!!

Registered
1999 Toyota Corolla, 2ZZ-GE Swap, 1997 Toyota Rav4
A friend of mine is trying to list his Lancia on BaT and he's got a 3-4 week waiting period. It might just be they're rejecting stuff they'd normally accept because they've got no staff.

Or maybe they have an algorithm? Lord knows algorithms love to do weird inexplicable stuff like this!

Registered
1995 Toyota T100 4x4 DLX
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Full size truck with the ability of a smaller size truck. It's not a good combination which is why the T100 was dropped even though that was what was asked to Toyota. Though I'm no expert on the history of the T100.
I really would not call the T100 full size I know Toyota did but they lied. I think the T100 is like a XL Taco - Bigger cab for bigger guys - Economical but trusty - The Retro Look - If you need to tow big go big -

Look a Chevys Colorado - Kinda like a T100 right? Its a niche truck

Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
I really would not call the T100 full size I know Toyota did but they lied. I think the T100 is like a XL Taco - Bigger cab for bigger guys - Economical but trusty - The Retro Look - If you need to tow big go big -

Look a Chevys Colorado - Kinda like a T100 right? Its a niche truck
This ain't the 90s unfortunately.

Registered
2018 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Toyota RAV4
Toyota has never been able to develop a really successful pickup and penetrate the vast truck market. The Detroit Big Three are much better in understanding and delivering on what truck buyers want. The reason Tacoma is successful is not because it is highly competitive as a pickup, but because of its unique off-road appeal. People don't buy Tacomas as an alternative to Chevy Colorado, they buy it instead of a Jeep. How many Tacomas do you actually see being used as a "work trucks"?
The T100 was another sad attempt to enter the pickup truck market that Toyota doesn't understand and was never competitive in the "work truck" world.

Registered
1995 T100 SR5 ExtCab
I submitted a request to Bring A Trailer for auctioning my cherry 1995 T100 DX 4x4 and was shot down in flames one day after submitting.
Again all logic is out the window. The T100's were made for the short time of only 5 years thats it I would even say limited production from Japan.
The Taco has been in production for 26 years so there are quite a few of these little guys running around. (Plenty of Tacomas on BAT by the way.)
Now the math question how can a Tacoma be more desired than it's slightly larger brother? I mean really comparing Tacomas to T100 head to head the T100 wins at every turn no matter what. The T100 should technically be at the top of the market since they were the last of the made in japan trucks "just saying."

Now for something completely different. BAT will however auction these cars View attachment 337827 View attachment 337827 View attachment 337828
Maybe try Cars & Bids. Fewer trailer queens than BAT. I bet your truck would do well over there.

Registered
2018 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Toyota RAV4
It's more like, in the US the best trucks are the Detroit Big Three. In the world, the best trucks are Toyota. So take your pick, the best truck in the US or the best truck in the world?
The reason Hilux sells a lot worldwide is very simple - PRICE. It's a reasonably capable option that people (who actually need a truck) can afford. American full-size trucks are simply too expensive for the majority of world markets.

It's the same economic dynamics as Camry vs. Corolla. Camry is the most popular sedan in the US, but worldwide Corolla outsells Camry by a huge market. Does this mean that Corolla "is the best car in the world" and vastly superior to Camry? Camry is simply too expensive for the majority of the world population and most people who buy Corollas would gladly upgrade to a Camry - if they could afford it.

On the other hand, in the markets were Hilux has some real competition, its market dominance is anything but secure. In 2019 and 2020, Ford Ranger was the best selling pickup in Australia. In Mexico, Nissan NP300 truck (a cheaper version of the Frontier) outsells Hilux by a nearly a 4-to-1 margin.

Actually, considering worldwide sales, Ford's F150+Ranger combination is the best selling duo, beating Toyota's Tundra+Tacoma+Hilux combination. This is mainly because US is by far the biggest (and most competitive) pickup market in the world and it is totally dominated by the Big Three. In other countries where pickup markets are significant (Australia, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa), the competition between Ford and Toyota is very even, with Hilux and Ranger trading #1 spot on a regular basis.

Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
The reason Hilux sells a lot worldwide is very simple - PRICE. It's a reasonably capable option that people (who actually need a truck) can afford. American full-size trucks are simply too expensive for the majority of world markets.

It's the same economic dynamics as Camry vs. Corolla. Camry is the most popular sedan in the US, but worldwide Corolla outsells Camry by a huge market. Does this mean that Corolla "is the best car in the world" and vastly superior to Camry? Camry is simply too expensive for the majority of the world population and most people who buy Corollas would gladly upgrade to a Camry - if they could afford it.

On the other hand, in the markets were Hilux has some real competition, its market dominance is anything but secure. In 2019 and 2020, Ford Ranger was the best selling pickup in Australia. In Mexico, Nissan NP300 truck (a cheaper version of the Frontier) outsells Hilux by a nearly a 4-to-1 margin.

Actually, considering worldwide sales, Ford's F150+Ranger combination is the best selling duo, beating Toyota's Tundra+Tacoma+Hilux combination. This is mainly because US is by far the biggest (and most competitive) pickup market in the world and it is totally dominated by the Big Three. In other countries where pickup markets are significant (Australia, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa), the competition between Ford and Toyota is very even, with Hilux and Ranger trading #1 spot on a regular basis.
Keep in mind, the US isn't the world either. Ignoring cost, our own lifestyles are greatly different.

Registered
1997 T-100 4x4 and 2019 Toyota 4Runner 4x4
BAT is about making money and they don't make much money on Reserve Not Met auctions. They are hedging their bets on vehicles they know will sell. I am amazed that T100s are so under-valued and disrespected....That being said, I supposed many potential buyers have discovered that parts are very difficult to find if not impossible. Might be why...

I personally will continue to keep my T100 going even if I have to 3D print parts...

Registered
NO T100's EVER DON'T ASK AGAIN!!!!

ICONMike,

Have you tried posting it for sale here on Toyota Nation? Might be some very interested folks on this very thread...Just sayin

How much are you asking?

Registered
1995 Toyota T100 4x4 DLX
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you go by the numbers the T100 should be the most sought after pickup at this point in time. They were made for just 5 years in Japan with the best transmissions and biggest engines available at that time. Toyota should never advertised the T100 as a full size pickup truck because it's not! The T100 is a tuff as nails medium light duty 1/2 ton pickup that will go the distance. Let the heavy weights tow and haul the big stuff, let's face it you buy a pickup for doing an intended job.
Bottom line is that the T100 is bigger than a Taco gets good MPG and will do so for 300,000 + miles.
If Brad Pitt drove a T100 4x4 in a box office hit then people would like it.

Registered
If you go by the numbers the T100 should be the most sought after pickup at this point in time. They were made for just 5 years in Japan with the best transmissions and biggest engines available at that time. Toyota should never advertised the T100 as a full size pickup truck because it's not! The T100 is a tuff as nails medium light duty 1/2 ton pickup that will go the distance. Let the heavy weights tow and haul the big stuff, let's face it you buy a pickup for doing an intended job.
Bottom line is that the T100 is bigger than a Taco gets good MPG and will do so for 300,000 + miles.
If Brad Pitt drove a T100 4x4 in a box office hit then people would like it.

So True...So True...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts