Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys,

Does anybody have experience put diesel engine oil in camry engine to flush sludge?

Thanks

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
I've done a lot of work on diesels, but I can't say I have ever heard of using engine oil to flush the sludge....

Do you have a bad problem with build up? If so I think a rebuild would be more the answer than attempting to flush it.

The only way I would imagine you could flush it would be to presure spray the oil through there. And that seems kind of expensive.

Either way, I say it's worth the work. If you have a diesel Camry, you own a pretty rare car. I would only dream of one:)

Goodluck :thumbup:

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
There are engine flush available in Canadian Tire. Use 2 bottles if you need to. Instruction is on the bottle too.

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
that engine flush stuff is pretty much diesel fuel.... but yeah, use it before an oil change

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
pour it in before the oil change, let the engine idle for 10-15 minutes (do not drive it) then drain the oil, change the filter and add new oil

·
Registered
475 Posts
Diesal oils that are rated for gasoline usage SJ or SL are fine. But most are CH/CF, SG/SF rated and have a very strong additive package that will likely kill the CAT quicker.

·
Registered
35 Posts
SmokingTiresV6 said:

Either way, I say it's worth the work. If you have a diesel Camry, you own a pretty rare car. I would only dream of one:)
:thumbup:

i have never seen a diesel camry. do u have any pics and what would the engine code be for that.

It sounds pretty cool :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
They had a turbo diesel in the gen 1 camrys. Also had a non turbo corolla and truck with diesels in the eighties. The corolla was so underpowered, but the camrys drove out ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts