Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
blacked out toy said:
wow - really?? I didn't think I was very helpful at all. I didn't say which was bigger, by how much,....

Seriously, just asking the difference in two tires by the same manufacturer is probably best handled by the company that makes them. Opinions on the difference, clearance issues with the Tacoma, pros and cons - those would be good for this forum.

PS - the MT is bigger by a few tenths of an inch, and probably weighs more, although I'm not sure how much. You'll even find that two AT tires by different manufacturers that call the tire a 285/75 are not the same size.

·
4.OH $#!+
05 Tacoma Prerunner
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WELL ACTUALLY I WAS INTENDING ON ASKING THAT QUESTION, UNTIL YOU ANSWERED THAT WAY. I WAS LEANING MORE TOWARDS HAS ANYBODY HAD PROBLEMS AND WHAT, AND YOU JUST ANSWERED THAT FOR ME. PEOPLE HAVE ASKED STUPIDER QUESTIONS.:eek: AND I WAS BEING SARCASTIC...

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
then our sarcasm's cancel each other out. Hope you found the info you needed.

Most of the 05+ Tacoma's I've seen are running 265/75 MT's with under 3" of lift, and the same size or 285/75 with AT tires. The 285's AT's rub, so the MT's probably rub alot worse.

·
Registered
22 Posts
blacked out toy said:
is there a differance in size between a 285/75/16 BFG M/T and A/T?
I don't know for sure, but wouldn't two tires of the same size be... the same size? Maybe just some slight differences in shoulder profiles because of the difference in lugs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts