Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This parts catalogue shows 13568-69025 for the 3VZ-FE engine, but the part number I got from a dealer was 13568-YZZ06 - does anyone know what the differences are between the two besides price?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh ok. You wouldn't happen to know how long the YZZ06 part has been out for would you? Just because if it's been out for a few years or so then that parts catalogue might be a bit outdated (usually that catalogue mentions if a part has been superseded by a newer one). It's the only one I know of that's available for anyone to read though (other ones ask for 200 bucks etc.).

·
Toyota Collector
11,833 Posts
What parts catalog are you looking at? You can look up any part you like here

I don't know how long YZZ06 has been around versus the original number, but usually when a part changes up the part is different in some way, improved (not always) or made in a different factory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Same one that I linked to before, which is part of https://www.epc-data.com/

I had to use the general epc catalogue because as far as I'm aware, there's absolutely no catalogues available online for Australian vehicles, or my google-fu isn't good enough.

Also the catalogue I use gives prices right off the bat when you click on a part. The site it links to (amayama) even highlights the cheapest option for you. The particular catalogue you linked requires a name, phone and email address to get a quote on prices...all over an insecure HTTP connection. Having to give out personal data like that is a big no no for me, hell, I already get spam emails after signing up to this site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used to work at a toyota dealership when I was out of high school in parts dept. from what remember part #'s with yzz in where for american made and all #'s for Japanese made, but I could be wrong

·
Toyota Collector
11,833 Posts
I used to work at a toyota dealership when I was out of high school in parts dept. from what remember part #'s with yzz in where for american made and all #'s for Japanese made, but I could be wrong
This seems to be the case yes. From what I remember the Japan made timing belts have different rubber (softer).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Oh wow, that's something they don't tell you. Not sure if having a softer timing belt is better or worse though...better grip/increased wear I guess? But then again the 3VZ-FE is non-interference so at least it won't grenade the engine if a belt decides to die. Although I'm pretty sure you'd have to be pushing well beyond 100k kms to even get to that point...

How consistent is the YZZ thing though? The oil filters I have are YZZD2 but are made in thailand. Seems like they replace the older 90915-20001 and 90915-20003 filters (ordered them at work but got told that the YZZD2 supersedes those.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
For service parts like wiper blades, filters and belts: the suffix in numbers is original design part number, the suffix with letters like YZZ is a TMS substitute, either because the original manufacturer stopped making it, or because the original source was too expensive and TMS found a more economical source that they believe can provide the same quality.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ooooh nice, thanks for the info! Now I just need an aussie parts catalogue lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts