Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know if there are differences in the front brake calipers between trim levels(LE vs SE vs XLE) for Gen 5 Camrys?

I'm wondering why autoparts stores are selling different calipers for different trim levels. My caliper pistons seem to be sticking a bit so I wanted to replace them with reman/rebuild calipers. I found some Bendix reman calipers for the "SE/XLE" that are much cheaper than the ones for LE.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
there are no differences in the front calipers between the trim levels (part numbers are the same), at least on the 4 cylinder models... however, there is a difference between the SE and LE/XLE for the 6 cylinder models. across all models made in Japan or North America is different.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
there are no differences in the front calipers between the trim levels (part numbers are the same), at least on the 4 cylinder models... however, there is a difference between the SE and LE/XLE for the 6 cylinder models. across all models made in Japan or North America is different.
Baloney, according to my parts list.......

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Baloney, according to my parts list.......
well let me clarify... since there's so many different models with different transmissions and chassis codes:

for all 4 cyls within their respective categories (4-speed trans & manual/JPP, 4-speed trans/NAP, 5-speed trans/JPP, and 5-speed trans/NAP... there's too many to list...) they are the same part numbers across the trim levels.

but since you've got the all inclusive parts list, go ahead and answer the OP's question! :D

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Gen5

I show that all I4's models and the V6 LE use the same caliper.

The V6 XLE and SE use a different caliper.

No idea what the difference is other than possible mounting bolt locations.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gen5

I show that all I4's models and the V6 LE use the same caliper.

The V6 XLE and SE use a different caliper.

No idea what the difference is other than possible mounting bolt locations.
Thanks for the info. I guess I won't risk getting a caliper that doesn't fit and stick with the ones for "LE" or I4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts