Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking thru this scion booklet i got from the dealer and i noticed a new trend is to have different sized rims. What is it for and what would the pros/cons be?

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Scion is doing that?...... strange... that is ually offered with high end performance cars that are RWD becasue they need the wider tire on the back for better traction/grip

Which Scion brochure?

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, not on base scions. Like there were pics and info on modded ones. And those ppl were doing that.

It was like a really thick one like a booklet/magizine.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^I didn't find a DVD. I think its an older one though because it didn't have any modded TC's and said they weren't out yet. It was mostly modded XB's a few XA and then specs on the Tc.

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
was it the summer/fall 2003 issue? where if you opened it one way you could read it and if you opened it the other way you could read it that way?

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
you got jipped, there wasa DVd that came with it too, I haven't looked at it yet though....

what page was you looking at that shows the tire staggering?

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I kind of took the thing by myself lol.
I don't have the magizine infront of me currently but i think its the page with the Xa's and there was a blitz Xa but im not entirely sure.

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
hey they was free anyways, I'll take a look through it in a little bit, its sitting in the car now...

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
never looked at it.... sit sitting insde the book, which is sin the car.

But to answer your question, ppl usually do the stagger tire sizes for better tractiona dn performance... they are ually found on exotic sports cars that are RWD.

It give them better traction/grip when they are driving

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
like mentioned already.....bigger tires in rears will give u better traction.....plus it looks so much nicer when u have a nice fat lip on the rear rims.....

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
CamNub said:
Is it cheaper to buy this way?
No in fact it cost more, cause to the bigger size will cost more than the smaller size.....

also when you do tire rotations you ca not do them properly without throwing everything off

1 - 18 of 18 Posts