Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have a Corolla 2019 LE
I was looking at my Scheduled maintainance at 18,000kms.

Inspect differential and transfer case vents for obstruction.

Can anyone tell me where to find it? Also I'd like to know where the location is for power steering fluid, transmission fluid, differential fluid if my car have them.

I'm not a hardcore car guy but I fix machines and I like to take matter in my own hands rather than going to a dealership to get screwed over.

Thanks in advance. ✌

·
Registered
226 Posts
Transfer cases are for all wheel drive vehicles and Toyota didn't start selling AWD Corollas in Canada until the introduction of the Corolla Cross, so unless you have an imported car, you won't have a transfer case or transfer case vent. Your differential vent should be on the left (driver's side) of the engine bay. It is a long tube coming up from the transmission with a little cap on top. The cap should rotate freely. It may be buried under the air filter box and hard to spot. It is pretty sheltered and in my experience, they rarely are an issue.

Your Corolla has electric power steering and therefore you don't have power steering fluid to check.

The transmission is a sealed unit and therefore there is no transmission fluid dipstick. There is a procedure to check the fluid but it involves jacking up the car and getting the transmission fluid within a specified temperature range. Typically most people who work on their cars will only check the transmission fluid level when they are replacing their fluid or if they are having shifting issues. The differential in the Corolla is integrated into the transmission and therefore checking/replacing transmission fluid also covers the differential.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts