Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XLE V6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I just purchased a new 2021 Camry XLE V6. I love it. I traded in my 2019 F150 XLT for this. Too many issues. My previous vehicle before the truck was a 2012 Camry.

Question, I'm having a difficult time getting Scoutlink getting recognize. My IPhone 12 Pro is connected via bluetooth with no issues. But when I start Scoutlink it says vehicle isn't connected via bluetooth.

Also when I start ToyotaEntune, it says the Toyota App needs to be running. That's funny, cause it is running. I'm connected and can see everything about mycar.

Can someone please give me some advice how to get Scoutlink and ToyotaEntune to work?

One last thing, does the Entune come with navigation loaded on the unit? Or do I have to download that to the unit?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
41 Posts
Hi. I'm not familiar with Scoutlink. But in regards to the Toyota app make sure you are using the correct app. Entune was the old app. The current app is just called Toyota.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XLE V6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can plug your iPhone in via USB and use your favorite navigation app via Carplay. Scout is terrible.
I'm figuring that out. I just found out that I don't have maps/navigation preinstalled. But that's no biggie. I always use Google Maps. You would think, since the maps button is there and the spec of the car, it would have been installed.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XLE V6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. I'm not familiar with Scoutlink. But in regards to the Toyota app make sure you are using the correct app. Entune was the old app. The current app is just called Toyota.
Thanks for the info. I read the info for the app, it's not for 2018 or newer vehicles. The Toyota app is nice. Nice UI and clean look and feel.

Do you know if I can use Apple CarPlay via bluetooth?
Thanks

·
straight cash homie
21,472 Posts
Thanks for the info. I read the info for the app, it's not for 2018 or newer vehicles. The Toyota app is nice. Nice UI and clean look and feel.

Do you know if I can use Apple CarPlay via bluetooth?
Thanks
Nope you have to plug it in. Seriously, I believe your F150 had Carplay too (Unless you got a base model without SYNC3).

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XLE V6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope you have to plug it in. Seriously, I believe your F150 had Carplay too (Unless you got a base model without SYNC3).
It had Carplay via USB connection.

If I wanted the dealership to load navigation on my Camry, how much would it cost (est)? Or could they do it?
Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XLE V6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't bother with Toyota navigation if it didn't come with it. Easiest just to do the same as your F150, just plug in your iPhone and use Carplay for GMaps and Waze.

If you need instruction:
Thanks for the info and video. I guess I’ve gotten lazy by using Bluetooth.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wouldn't bother with Toyota navigation if it didn't come with it. Easiest just to do the same as your F150, just plug in your iPhone and use Carplay for GMaps and Waze.

If you need instruction:
He’s spot on. Most OEM maps rarely get updated. If they do you have to pay for it. I use google maps and so I have to plug my phone in. I will live.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts