Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'19 Gen 8 Camry XV70
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone dealt with this issue where the digital range is slightly off from the analog needle?

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,297 Posts
Use the digital range as a reference. It changes each time you refuel based on how you drove before the refuel. So it won't be accurate.

·
Registered
'19 Gen 8 Camry XV70
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that i also reset my trip A each time after fill up.
It doesn't seem right because in the image I can probably get about 50 to 100 miles.
And that is with a K & N short ram

Use the digital range as a reference. It changes each time you refuel based on how you drove before the refuel. So it won't be accurate.

·
Registered
594 Posts
It doesn't seem right because in the image I can probably get about 50 to 100 miles.
I get this is discussion about dash instruments calibration. But still I wanted to bring this up:

Do not try to squeeze the last mile from an empty tank.
Fill it up early because debris accumulated in the lower part of the tank may be sucked into the fuel pump/injectors killing them in the process. Needles to say it costs $$$ to repair this...

Do not try to overfill the tank. Doing that could break the EVAP system resulting in costly repairs.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,963 Posts
I get this is discussion about dash instruments calibration. But still I wanted to bring this up:

Do not try to squeeze the last mile from an empty tank.
Fill it up early because debris accumulated in the lower part of the tank may be sucked into the fuel pump/injectors killing them in the process. Needles to say it costs $$$ to repair this...

Do not try to overfill the tank. Doing that could break the EVAP system resulting in costly repairs.
In addition by the time the low fuel light or E is reached, there should be about 3 gallons in reserve to most likely prevent the possibility of a completely empty fuel tank. The fuel tank is truly empty when the engine dies and if the engine dies due to fuel starvation the fuel pump is most definitely burnt out.

I'm guilty of filling the fuel tank when the light turns on because I want to keep I want to "keep on schedule" by only filling on fuel at the end or beginning of the week. If I can not get fuel for two weeks, I will try to.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Use the digital as a reference, as you can see I have a good amount of fuel left yet the digital is telling me to refuel.

·
Registered
'19 Gen 8 Camry XV70
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In addition by the time the low fuel light or E is reached, there should be about 3 gallons in reserve to most likely prevent the possibility of a completely empty fuel tank. The fuel tank is truly empty when the engine dies and if the engine dies due to fuel starvation the fuel pump is most definitely burnt out.

I'm guilty of filling the fuel tank when the light turns on because I want to keep I want to "keep on schedule" by only filling on fuel at the end or beginning of the week. If I can not get fuel for two weeks, I will try to.
I have ran it to the light on with about 22-24 miles left and it took a little more than 14 gallon worth of gas.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts