Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a dilemna. Tonight I took my subs and my spare tire out of my trunk and went on a little spin. I couldn't believe the difference in removing the subs.

Dilemna: Should i go without subs and have my car be blazin' fast, or should i ride with bump?

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
what do you need to be fast for? subs make the ride so much more enjoyable that maybe a little quicker acceleration

·
Registered
386 Posts
I got enough bump with upgraded speakers in the stock locations connected to a JVC headunit. if you can't hear sirens and horns, let alone hear yourself, then I think it's too loud. Not only would your car be faster, the suspension in the rear will last longer and your fuel economy will go up if you get rid of the subs. It's all a matter of opinion, and that's mine.

(i save the nosebleed boom for my home theater, MTX plus Yamaha = disturb your neighbors)

·
Formula One Fanatic
299 Posts
dude, what the heck do you need "bump" for if you can't hear your engine note? i've just got a p.o.s. 5sfe and i still like hear it rev. but i'm not that much into listening to much loud, so to each his own, i guess. take the subs out.:thumbup:

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
well....you said subS.....

so if you really do want a bit more kick out of your car, keep your spare out, get CAA/AAA, and then go buy ONE good sub and use that instead of two

·
Banned
352 Posts
you can never be too loud , the original set up i was gonna do in my car was gonna hit low 160 dbs, but im not cause of money issues

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eye8Pussies said:
well....you said subS.....

so if you really do want a bit more kick out of your car, keep your spare out, get CAA/AAA, and then go buy ONE good sub and use that instead of two
i do alot of driving so i don't know if i want to take out my spare:confused:

·
Still got love 4 the AE92
489 Posts
You could invest in a trendy lightweight audio system and have the best of both worlds...:D

I'd keep em in for the street, take em out at the track. But what can I say, I like to cruise with the music loud.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts