Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, been doing tons of googling to see if I can come up with a solution, but haven't found anything concrete yet (most stuff refers to the newer gen's).

Anyone know how to do it? I've ordered a CHilton's manual to see if there is/where is a relay or something?

Any idea?

PS>Please, lets not get into the whole thing about "why" I want to do that.:thumbsup:

·
30 yrs of Car Photography
90 Camry DX 2.0L A/T
536 Posts
According to my owner's manual and my wiring diagrams, this year of Camry only had DRL's in Canada. But yes, the Canadian Camry had DRL and a DRL Control Relay. Not sure about a Lexus. But if you want to check...

The DRL relay for Canadian Camry models is located under the little square cover in your console, right below the parking brake handle. Pry it open with a small screwdriver. On USA and Japanese models, this is the automatic shoulder belt computer (see diagram).

I can tell you the color of the wires going into it:

Red (goes to 10A fuse in drivers kick panel, bottom left on forward panel)
Red/Blue (goes to instrument cluster)
Red/White (goes to integration relay)
Red/Green (without integration relay)
Light Green (goes to integration relay)
Green (without integration relay)
Red/White (goes to switch)
Red/Black (goes to switch)

Not sure if any of this will help, but it might help to determine if you have the DRL relay under that cover in your console. If it has this color of wires coming from it, AND you have a fuse in the lower left of the forward panel behind your left kick panel, then perhaps this is it. So if I wanted to disable my DRL's, I would simply remove the 10 amp fuse, or clip a wire.

Tell ya what: I'll TRADE you MY shoulder belt computer for YOUR DRL box! LOL (I'd rather have DRL's than automatic belts.)

Good luck. Let us know if you figure it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will give this a try, see if i can figure it out.

·
90 Camry DX 2.0L A/T
536 Posts
yeah, I think you can easily find that 10 amp fuse. It's all by itself on the lower left of the forward relay panel on the driver's side behind the kick panel. If your box under the parking brake has the wires listed above, maybe just unplugging it will work.

·
90 Camry DX 2.0L A/T
536 Posts
Did you ever get this issue figured out? Hope so. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can dig up some better info for ya.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not yet. Gf got the car on the road today, haven't had a chance to look at it even yet, and I work all weekend. Hopefully monday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts