Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold a 2014 Venza XLE earlier this year and have just parted with my much loved 2016 Prius. I have now purchased a 2020 Avalon Limited - really beautiful. The Venza had electric mirrors which could be folded away for parking; my Prius had automatic windshield wipers (came into operation at first sensing of rain on the windshield). I've purchased a 2020 top of the range Avalon; it doesn't have electric mirrors or auto wipers. I find this very disappointing and can't understand why Toyota dumped these on the Avalon. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because I liked it obviously! I was not about to buy a lower model just because it offered these features. A more constructive comment would have been appreciated. The crux of my question was why did Toyota decide not to include these features on a top of the range line - if I could have found a way of writing to Toyota's marketing dep't., I would have done so. These features were not critical to my purchase of a heavily discounted top of the range Limited which is a gorgeous car just as it is. Just curious and that is all.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I'm probably going to be wrong, but I suspect the non-folding mirrors have something to do with the cameras that are now in the mirrors for the 360 degree viewing.

I know your 2014 Venza didn't have that feature.

It will be interesting to see when the new Venza comes out if it offers the 360 degree camerass and the folding mirrors.

I am going to guess it will be one or the other.

Personally, I've never understood the entire concept of the auto windshield wipers. I think the way they are designed and function is just about perfect. I think if I was having to over ride / change the auto wipers (which I know I'd be doing) it would be more of a PITA.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I sold a 2014 Venza XLE earlier this year and have just parted with my much loved 2016 Prius. I have now purchased a 2020 Avalon Limited - really beautiful. The Venza had electric mirrors which could be folded away for parking; my Prius had automatic windshield wipers (came into operation at first sensing of rain on the windshield). I've purchased a 2020 top of the range Avalon; it doesn't have electric mirrors or auto wipers. I find this very disappointing and can't understand why Toyota dumped these on the Avalon. Does anyone know?
Just a guess, perhaps to simplify the assembly lines and parts that have both Camry's and Avalon's running down them (Camry doesn't have rain sensing wipers and power folding mirrors either). Another reason may be that the core Toyota buyer values long-term reliability more than luxury, I can see both parts failing in the long term (electric motors eventually fail, sensors baking at the top of the windshield will eventually die too).

·
Registered
2019 Limited
185 Posts
Really miss rain sensing wipers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love my Limited.

I thoroughly researched it and test drove it before purchase.

No disappointments here. Knew exactly what I was buying.

·
Registered
2018 AVALON LIMITED HYBRID
464 Posts
I can't believe the 2020 Avalon Limited doesn't have rain sensing wipers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I love when one posts that the avalon dosent have what their old cars did...what kind of question is that here.go ask Toyota..they built it and you bought it..its not a Lexus or Bentley..go buy what you want..gsheesh

·
Registered
Asheville
88 Posts
I'm probably going to be wrong, but I suspect the non-folding mirrors have something to do with the cameras that are now in the mirrors for the 360 degree viewing.

I know your 2014 Venza didn't have that feature.

It will be interesting to see when the new Venza comes out if it offers the 360 degree camerass and the folding mirrors.

I am going to guess it will be one or the other.

Personally, I've never understood the entire concept of the auto windshield wipers. I think the way they are designed and function is just about perfect. I think if I was having to over ride / change the auto wipers (which I know I'd be doing) it would be more of a PITA.
My BMW has 360 cameras and folding mirrors. So they are not interdependent items. In My opinion Toyota would rather have you buy a Lexus which has these features.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Avalon
171 Posts
i think anyone that complains about stuff like this needs to drive an American car at the same price point, then you will be just fine with everything the avalon has and doesnt have.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Avalon
171 Posts
  • Raise right arm
  • With your right hand
  • Turn the switch
  • Then your wipers turn on
  • Raise left arm
  • With your left hand
  • Turn the switch
  • Then your head lights turn on
um mine has auto headlights. dont need to raise my left arm at all.
pretty sure like all Avalons have had auto headlights for the past 5-10 years.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts