Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a ae92 corolla gl with rear drums and my m8 said he can get me some disc brakes of a ae92 liven. so im wondering if it will bolt straight on or if not what else i do i need. any help is most appreciated

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Let me just say before i go any further, i dont claim to be an expert on brakes so all of this may not be true but...

If you are planning to get rear discs, u must make sure that the discs are rear discs so that the handbrake will still work. Secondly, i'm not to sure about the ae92 levins, but i know the ae101 levins ran on bigger discs with 15" rims rather than the standard 13" steelies. This also meant bigger calipers, therefore you may need to get a new slave cylinder and to fiddle with the bias. My thought would be that if you want rear discs on your 92, to go to a wrecker and get a complete set.. master cylinder, lines, the works... they will be able to help you with that. as for the actual disc, the stud pattern is exactly the same, so yes, they will bolt straight on as far as they are concerned.

·
Do you wanna have a try??
Corolla AE101
92 Posts
Yup buy the whole set my fren don't buy seperate parts...
Take it from those Japanese importer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts