Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm trying to buy a new Echo Hatch and the Sales Manager at the dealership I'm dealing with has been a total jerk to me so far. It has taken 1 week for them to
get things going on me purchasing a car from them. So far he told me that I needed a co-signer for the car which my parents agreed to do for me. The manager called my parents and told them that I was "putting some options" on the car...as if it was supposed to matter to them. My mom said he was being really weird on the phone basically suggesting that he didn't think that I should have the car. Then every time that they have me into the dealership he acts as if it's the biggest hassle in the world to deal with me, saying that "It'll be a while before I can see you" and stupid stuff like that when he was the one who called me down there in the first place. Then to top it all off, on Friday he called me to let me know that he "forgot" to tell me that on my lease I was required to put a $1500 down payment on the vehicle before he could send paperwork to my parents (This was 2 days AFTER he spoke to them) He asked if i was able to come up with the money (sounding like he doubted I'd be able to)..I said yes and he sounded totally PISSED OFF after I told him. So that's where it stands, I dropped the money off on Friday and I'm still waiting, so far I've given them $2073.77 and haven't heard much of anything else, we're still waiting for the paperwork that he delayed by 2 days(and lied to me about) to get here from across the country from my parents house. Anyone else have to deal with all this BS before buying a car? I'm 23 too BTW

·
Registered
3 Posts
One of my cousins had the same problem, but on Long Island in NY, USA.

I thought it was a long island thing; some of these people are snobs out on eastern LI.

basically the same game they played on him. They were acting like jerks and trying to make it like "he is a kid, so he doesnt have any money; get the hell outta here, we got more important things to do" attitude.

gl,
jason

·
Registered
238 Posts
don;'t buy the car from that dealer....if you have a problem..do you really weant them to fix your car? ands thayre acting this way when YOU are the one giving them money for the car??...don't waste your time.

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
Are you buying or leasing? There is a big difference. Not trying to sound as if I'm on the dealer's side, but if it's a lease things can get nasty at the end of the lease.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
customer service is a big factor to consider when it comes to making a big purchase.....if i were you...i would have never given them a deposit because it seems like they don't even care if they get ur business or not....i would have walked...went to another dealership...bought the car...and came back to the first dealership and rub it in the sales person's face that he lost the commission....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It wasn't the salesman that I was having the problem with, it as the sales manager, the guy that processes the credit applications and finalizes the sales. It seems to have all worked out now, I bitched them out yesterday for about 20 minutes and they called this morning to say my car was ready and that they would come and pick me up! Hahaha.

·
Registered
38 Posts
seriously i would just go... y bother with them if u can get the car somewhere else? and make a complain to toyota canada about the dissatisfaction at the time of purchase... or just screw them over on the survey that they'll mail to u a few weeks after ur purchase... if they give u a hard time... give them a bigger hard time... customer is always right.

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
MRQturbo said:
customer service is a big factor to consider when it comes to making a big purchase.....if i were you...i would have never given them a deposit because it seems like they don't even care if they get ur business or not....i would have walked...went to another dealership...bought the car...and came back to the first dealership and rub it in the sales person's face that he lost the commission....
:werd: and to top it all off I would tell the Sales Manager that He's a Piece of Sh*t and that I was reporting him to Toyota

·
Turbo Bitch!!!
300 Posts
kene said:
don;'t buy the car from that dealer....if you have a problem..do you really weant them to fix your car? ands thayre acting this way when YOU are the one giving them money for the car??...don't waste your time.
Ditto

·
Registered
338 Posts
why do you think he was discriminating against you? cuz ur young or a minority?? (i dont know if you're either of those, just wondering if you know what his problem was)

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
^^same question... did this have to do anything with your age or race? Definately sounds like he had a pickle stuck up his @$$ and...

:wtf: You're 23!!! And he's talking to you like you're 16? I cna't believe he had to talk to your parents! whats wrong with this guy? Thats not rite man... you didn't have to take that bs from him!
If I were you, I would just walk away and go to another dealership. And if you didn't want to do that, you should have either asked to speak to the manager or another sales person.
Ah well, now that its done, make sure you give that guy a bad review (on the survey thing you get when you buy a new car from Toyota).

·
Turbo Bitch!!!
300 Posts
Man, a lot of car salesmen won't even give you the time of day if you don't look 30+ because on average, you dont' have the credit to score a big deal off of = not worth their time = no money.

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
'The Customer Is Always Right'. Thats the way it should be. I swear, between the lack of support for our cars already, people with poor customer service and the few Toyota Enthusiasts who arent supporting their own it can really wear on a persons karma. ....I say keep your head up Gold..deal ONLY with people who will work with you and have your best interest in mind. The haters, discriminators and snobs....screw em! There is always someone who will work with you if the previous one doesnt. Patience is the key..good luck.

DOTMREP

·
Registered
Scion TC
202 Posts
if i have that much money, i wouldnt even go to a dealer.. i would just find a used MR2 and im done

1 - 16 of 16 Posts