Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,304 Posts
your best bet is going to a junkyard and taking off disks from a camry that already came with it. you'll also need to grab all the necessary components of it as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The conversion would probably run you about $300 in parts from a junkyard. This topic has actually been discussed on TN. Here is the thread for the parts: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18410

I think I've also read somewhere the procedures for the install. Can't remember. Try the search button!

By the way, you need to way the advantages and disadvantages between drum and disk. This was also a topic discussed on TN.

Hope this helps!

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
yeah you need to find a V6 in the junk yard and swap it all out. I think there were some 4 cylinder XLE's that came with rear discs also. You may want to check into that also.

3,032 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask a question I need urgently answered...
Now, as far as the whole MKIV disc swap in the front, could it be done to the rear also, rather than using a V6 rotor?? Would I need the rear application for the MKIV TT rotors to fit if I was to put a MKIV rotor on the rear? I'll need some rear stopping power so hopefully I can do this. It's just I haven't seen Zoni or Ufoz do it, only for their front, as far as I know.

·
Registered
994 Posts
my 92 i4 has abs and 4 wheel discs. it may be rare but i dont know... as stated above, junkyard is your best friend.

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
^ yea thats pretty rare

i only know of 1 other person here on the TN boards, his name was calvin....and he also had a gen3 i4 with abs and discs all around...that car got totaled tho :(
(now someone lucky must of nab'ed those rear discs, i wanted to get them from him, but he lives up in the bay area)

but he has a v6 solara now...

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
i have a gen 3 4 banger with rear discs and ABS.. its used so i didnt buy it(parents handed it down) but my mechanic told me its discs all around.. didnt know it was such a rarity :eek:

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
I4 models, 4 wheel discs = option from the tick list.

·
Breakin' necks since '02!
2,330 Posts
I know the 2 tone "American Edition" camry's have them, not sure if thats the ones described above.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
I am the original owner of my 94 XLE 4 cylinder. I ordered the car back in 94 with ABS. When you ordered ABS back then the rears were upgraded to 4 wheel discs. Not a cheap option. If I remember correctly the list for the ABS option was $1,100.

Mike

·
Registered
811 Posts
i did the conversion and it works very well havent had any problems besides pure stupidity

·
Registered
299 Posts
I did the conversion as well. The price depends on where you get it. All in all if you go to a descent salvage yard you can walk away with all the parts needed for about $100. You will enjoy the experience and its a great upgrade if you drive fast like I do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts