Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Original idea from Toyrsme
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47284&p=603629

Only apply to V6's 1mz, 3vz of GEN3 ONLY (unconfirmed)

The ACIS allows the intake manifold to divert the path of intake air into the combustion chamber. Two air intake paths are provided in the intake manifold to allow the option of the intake volume most favorable for the particular engine speed. Optimum performance is achieved by switching the intake air control valve from either the closed postion(for high tourque at low rpm) or the open position(for maximum horsepower at high rpms).

Theory: Normally there is a power dip on our v6 powerband because of the acis closed too late at 3900-4200rpm. This mod makes sure the acis closes at 3000rpm smooth out that transition. This means smoother acceleration and better torque all over the powerband.

That is what happens on ACIS-1 & ACIS-2 systems when the flap is closed all the time, or by 2500rpm. It is a free 500rpm of power, because you don't suffer from power loss as the ACIS system closes around 4100-4200rpm.
For the purpose of this mod, I may say things like rubber hose, vacumn line, hose, all refer to one thing the rubber hose that hold vacumn...lol

Material:
(all can be bought at autozone)
- 3 ft of 1/8" vacumme rubber hose

- 1/8" rubber vacumme cap
- T vacumme connector

Procedure:
1. Locate and unhose/disconnect one of the vacumn outputs on top of the throttlebody (P, E, R, no vacumn under 3000rpm)

2. Using the T connector, T the specified vacumn lines together according to picture

3. The long 3 ft new hose go to the other side of the intake plentum to the ACIS actuator, first remove the 2" hose that originally connects the ACIS actuator and the VSV output, attach the 3ft hose to the ACIS actuator and put a cap on the VSV output in case when VSV actually closes it would have a vacumn leak.

Make sure all hoses are tight. Fire up the car and give it some throttle and watch the ACIS arm moves.

Vid of the mod. Enjoy the free power. :D

http://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k388/shajbot2/?action=view&current=acisvid.flv

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
okay Guys WTF my camry is missing to of those conection so where I should hook up that house ?
Uhmm I don't know what you're talking about. Post a pic of your throttlebody and we'll let you know.

On the throttlebody near the metal vacuum outputs it should be mark R or E or P. Just pick one and attach the new ACIS actuator hose into that. I picked E cuz it's convenient. If those vacuum lines are not attached to anything, you can either just leave it or cap it.

·
Registered
MRS
45 Posts
Uhmm I don't know what you're talking about. Post a pic of your throttlebody and we'll let you know.

On the throttlebody near the metal vacuum outputs it should be mark R or E or P. Just pick one and attach the new ACIS actuator hose into that. I picked E cuz it's convenient. If those vacuum lines are not attached to anything, you can either just leave it or cap it.
it just they arent there

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm it might have to do with your version of 1mzfe over in Rico. I don't know much you could do. Try placing a finger over the holes and give it some throttle see if there is vacuum. If there is vacuum you can try fitting an adapter in there.

·
Taco Tuesday!
1,604 Posts
i did this to the 3vz-fe in my es300 a while back, along with the throttle body butterfly adjustment (from some old thread- done on a 2nd gen camry 2vz-fe).

the increase in power isn't really noticeable from a dead stop to redline, but when you're cruising around 30 mph and you suddenly gun it, then you can tell the difference.

nonetheless, it sounded a bit better- somewhat like the more modern v6 mid-rpm growls (like the vq35 imo)

·
Registered
MRS
45 Posts
Hmm it might have to do with your version of 1mzfe over in Rico. I don't know much you could do. Try placing a finger over the holes and give it some throttle see if there is vacuum. If there is vacuum you can try fitting an adapter in there.
it should be same as yours but remebers mine is a Gen 4 your is a gen 3

·
Registered
2 Toys
412 Posts
Ok so I went out to my car this morning and my setup is nothing like this. 99 1mz camry. I'll try to get pics of it, but no nose going from the ACIS around the intake manifold to the throttle body and the throttle body doesnt have the same layout for the vacuum nipples like the one in the pic either. WTF

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So it's likely that all the gen4 1mz doesn't have the same design as far as those P, R, E throttlebody outputs.

·
Registered
MRS
45 Posts
Ok so I went out to my car this morning and my setup is nothing like this. 99 1mz camry. I'll try to get pics of it, but no nose going from the ACIS around the intake manifold to the throttle body and the throttle body doesnt have the same layout for the vacuum nipples like the one in the pic either. WTF
yours should be like mine

1 - 20 of 50 Posts