Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Shajbot, i cant find the 1/8" vacuum cap at advanced auto is it like only at autozone or something?? lol
Ask the clerk about vacuum hoses and caps they probably know where to lead you or they'll get you one in their warehouse if they don't have those out for display. So far I checked online stores CHECKER, ADVANCE AUTOPARTS, AUTOZONES, all have them but you shouldn't need to order online these things and wait for shipping lol.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=DOR&MfrPartNumber=47389&CategoryCode=4016

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
okay I tried using the only vacuum hose that I have and it works but I need to by a T conector cause if I leave that hose disconected my car idle at 1000 rpm or a little more anyone knows to what that hose is hookup to ?
It might be for the IAC unit. But if it's not marked P, E, or R, it's not recommended for this mod. Just T it and see what happens. As you throttle it should close slowly like in the video I posted.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
okay I will T it but right know I discovered that the house of my acis inst hook to anything so it isnt working
Even mine was hooked on VSV before, I'm not sure that it was even working...since VSV doesn't have a diagnostic code, engine doesn't throw CEL if it goes out of limp.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I found an old discussion on this, basically on the 3vz-fe, ACIS only closed when you WOT it and when the engine has NOT reach 3900rpm.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195555

This mod closes the ACIS when it's supposed to open.

Anyhow, just try it out if you like it, keep it, or not just put the hoses back originally.

I theorize that because if you have a SRI or CAI you are supply more air than the engine needs and this mod might take advantage of that. I'm nowhere knowledgeable sufficiently. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
MRS
45 Posts
I found an old discussion on this, basically on the 3vz-fe, ACIS only closed when you WOT it and when the engine has NOT reach 3900rpm.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195555

This mod closes the ACIS when it's supposed to open.

Anyhow, just try it out if you like it, keep it, or not just put the hoses back originally.

I theorize that because if you have a SRI or CAI you are supply more air than the engine needs and this mod might take advantage of that. I'm nowhere knowledgeable sufficiently. :rolleyes:
so the question is if I pull the acis controller it open the axis or closed it ?

·
The laziest around
1996 Camry V6 LE
356 Posts
As far as I know, with my home made CAI, ACIS porting, quick A/T shifting and this mod, whenever I gun it, the thing kick down a gear, I'm pushed back to my seat and it basically flies. :)
Lol i did the so called acis porting. so hopefuly i get good result. ill give feedback once i finish this diy =]

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
my acis isn't connected to anything right now VSV is broken i think
Correction lol sorry, if your ACIS actuator is not connected to anything, your ACIS always open. Sorry about that.

Lol i did the so called acis porting. so hopefuly i get good result. ill give feedback once i finish this diy =]
Cool, you should look at the quicker A/T shifting by Toysrme too. It's what down shift for you when you gun it. If you do it, don't turn it more than 3 threads before you test drive it out and like the change, it's good to start out small when messing with the engine/transmission like this. :D

·
Registered
MRS
45 Posts
Correction lol sorry, if your ACIS actuator is not connected to anything, your ACIS always open. Sorry about that.

Cool, you should look at the quicker A/T shifting by Toysrme too. It's what down shift for you when you gun it. If you do it, don't turn it more than 3 threads before you test drive it out and like the change, it's good to start out small when messing with the engine/transmission like this. :D
be careful with that I broke my Overdrive cable because It was to tight

·
The laziest around
1996 Camry V6 LE
356 Posts
I like it. like JustAnotherAsian said. from a stand still you cant tell the difference but from like a roll and you floor it. my oh my =] lol

21 - 40 of 50 Posts