Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, some #[email protected]%(*^@# sort of side swiped my mother's car and took off. its not terribly bad but still an eyesore and ignorant. the shop said $3400+ to repair. so, any diy tips??? i will post some pics up tommorow hopefully. the paint scratched off and the metal dented in where the paint scratched. what grit sand paper to sand off paint - then dif. grit to sand bondo? as for paint, I'd need a air brush, right? Anything else I need to know? Thanks everyone.:D

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Dammit, I really need to get off my ass and start that DIY:(

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Admiral said:
well, some #[email protected]%(*^@# sort of side swiped my mother's car and took off. its not terribly bad but still an eyesore and ignorant. the shop said $3400+ to repair. so, any diy tips??? i will post some pics up tommorow hopefully. the paint scratched off and the metal dented in where the paint scratched. what grit sand paper to sand off paint - then dif. grit to sand bondo? as for paint, I'd need a air brush, right? Anything else I need to know? Thanks everyone.:D
$3400?:eek: :eek: That shop is very pricey. I would shop around if I were you

·
Traitor
332 Posts
i have something like that on my car...the estimate was some hugh amount of money like that too...the said the had to copletely replace both doors...

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, thats what they said too - have to replace the door. Its a honda oddessy with those stupid automatic sliding doors so they are expensive.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Can you get pics up and Ill see if theres any way I can show you on how to DIY.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
if you can remove the interior you can probably tap them out. as long as the door works i don't see a reason to replace the whole thing remember bondo is your friend. and if it isn't on the insurance that says it was damaged it never happend you feel me?

·
nice guy
191 Posts
those look like gashes rather than dints to me...if it is a gash is going to be a bitch to tap them out if you can do it.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
I have the SAME exact gashes on my right side.

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Gridlyne said:
I have the SAME exact gashes on my right side.
yep me too...middle of the front passenger door to the middle of the rear passenger door

btw thats a honda...why would you want that fixed...hondas suck...jk...my family has too :eek: ... :disappoin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts