Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Jumbo Jet, who did this first for us. His help on this was crutial.

Well I took my lunch break today to finish my Wet Okole seat install, and there was only one way to get those back seats in:

REMOVE THE REARS

So here goes:

First remove all 3 headrests, they will get in the way when you lift the seat to unhook the hooks. There are 6 14mm bolts holding down the seats. 3 in the floor and 3 more on the back wall under the seats. 4 of each are best accessed on the passenger side while the last 2 hold down the drivers side of the seat.

There are also 3 14mm bolts that hold down the seat belt brackets, you will also need to unbolt these to remove the entire back seat as one unit.

*Be Careful, the bolts are different for the belt brackets! They have four bumps inside the head of the bolt, these will not work on the seat mounts, who has smooth bolt head tops.*

There are 4 very long hooks on the backs of the seats, 2 on each one. They are located at the top of the back of the seats. Start with the outside hooks on both seats (the smaller seat will probably release both at the same time) and move to the inside ones. You will need to lift up atleast 5 inches to get them off. Also, each outside floor bracket (see 1st picture) had a locating pin in front of the bolt hole location that you will need to pull up before releasing the hooks in the back.

*As you can see in the picture above the hooks are long and this is where you would do the modification that Jumbo Jet did to shorten these hooks so that the rear seats will fold down. I wish I had a hacksaw here but I didn't so I have to save that mod for another day*

Here is the back of the larger rear portion, I did not need to remove the seat from the truck to do this but if you want to you will need extra hands for this! It has 2 horizontal straps and 3 vertical ones. I put the horizontal one on top over both of the hooks and then attached the 3 verticals under the horizontal ones. The small passenger side is similar with one less vertical strap.
[/COLOR]

With both top pieces of my Wet Okole Seat Covers on now I replaced the 2 seats on the hooks again moving from inside to outside (here's where the shortening mod would have helped). In reality both removing the seatbacks from and putting them back on the hooks is a 2 person job, but if you like a challenge you can get it done by yourself. Make sure to clear the straps and sides of the cover from the hook paths. Once all 4 hooks are secured you will want to make sure the bolt brackets in the back clear around the bolt hole mounts against the back wall like in the picture below. Then push the guide pins in the outside seat mounting brackets back in, then bolt down the seat brackets (6 smooth top 14mm bolts) and seatbelt brackets (3 "4 bumps" 14mm bolts).

All that's left is to adjust the top halves of the the covers, put on the bottom halves (which is easy with the seats in their normal places) and you're done.

Once again thanks to Jumbo Jet and I hope this helps you for seat covers, amplifier locations or whatever you think you need to get behind the Double Cab rear seats for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I heard the back seats were a b**ch...and you just confirmed it.
I was looking forward to installing these...maybe not so much now.:eek:

Too bad I don't live in SoCal. I would have had them installed FREE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts