Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Toyota | moving forward
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I finally put together a DIY on how to change the climate control bulbs, along with the (apparently) elusive part number. Hope this is helpful :)

Basically you just need to pry the climate control panel out, I covered a screw driver with a microfiber towel so I wouldn't scratch anything. There are six clips which come out fairly easily. Once you get the panel out there are two plugs - just unplug them, they're both big and unique so you won't get them mixed up.

You don't have to unscrew the backing of the panel, the bulbs have blue bases and just twist out. Remove the burnt out ones and replace it with the new bulbs. Then all you have to do is attach the two plugs and snap everything back into place.

Symptoms of burnt out climate control panel bulbs:
- Intermittent light
- Hitting the panel will sometimes bring the bulbs back to life for days/weeks at a time
- Two knobs out at one time (there are only TWO bulbs, one illuminates two knobs, just FYI)

Part number: 90011-11050 @ $4.61 each

(That last picture is just for fun, it's my new TN decal :cool:)

· Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,128 Posts

· Toyota | moving forward
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice TN decal.
> Loud Camry where is the other write up DYI?

Went to Autozone they didn't have it. Went by the Toyota Dealership they had a few picked up one for $4.15. We'll see how well it lights up at night(no garage).
Yeah I didn't see a previous DIY and nobody volunteered info in the other thread I/we were posting in regarding the climate control panel/bulbs. I also couldn't find the bulbs aftermarket and decided to just get regular incandescent bulbs from the dealer. LEDs crossed my mind but I wasn't sure about the viewing angle from such a small LED.

Anyway, as long as this DIY helps at least one person, I'm happy.

· Registered
23 Posts
AWESOME. I did it the other day. Bilbs were $3.30 at the dealer...took a ady for them to get them. It took less than 10 minutes to follow your procedure...I did not even have to disconnect the climate control panel once it was removed. Thanks again.

· The Moose
2004 CAMRY LE
66 Posts
thank you so much. i have had this problem for a long time, and thought it was a short in a wiring or something.. fixed today in 5 minutes. thanks man!

· must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,251 Posts
I just noticed these are the same type of bulbs on my 2002 Honda Odyssey. The bulb on the minivan also went out. Smacking it would also potentially bring the bulb back as it seems to be a known problem. However the bulbs for the Odyssey is really small. I got the replacement from Radio Shack.

I dont have a Gen 5, so what size is the bulbs for those who want to get LEDs. There are 3mm, 4mm and 5mm. Looking at the picture and size of the bulb, it looks like 5mm.

LEDs would cost you $1.30-$3.49 (depending where and which on you buy).

· "Circle of trust"
Camry SE
1,257 Posts
I just noticed these are the same type of bulbs on my 2002 Honda Odyssey. The bulb on the minivan also went out. Smacking it would also potentially bring the bulb back as it seems to be a known problem. However the bulbs for the Odyssey is really small. I got the replacement from Radio Shack.

I dont have a Gen 5, so what size is the bulbs for those who want to get LEDs. There are 3mm, 4mm and 5mm. Looking at the picture and size of the bulb, it looks like 5mm.

LEDs would cost you $1.30-$3.49 (depending where and which on you buy).
Comparing it visually to the images on superbright, I would say the 5mm LED in NEO5 lamp.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.